Menu
MrBungle
Dialled in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Area 20 almost grinding to halt!

0.1 - 0.5 meg?  Smiley Mad

only thing ive been able to do in the last hour is check gmail but had to click "Basic HTML - for slow connections! to get in...whats happened?

Ironically a few days after another virgin price rise? 

I'm lost for words....Virginmedia is a joke Smiley Indifferent 

SlowSM7
Dialled in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 20 almost grinding to halt!

Try BT and put a stop to VM ripping you off any longer
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hiya MrBungle,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community. It's nice to have you here.

My apologies that you are still experiencing slow broadband speeds and for the inconvenience caused.

I've taken a look at the high peak time traffic fault in your area (F003369911) and our engineers are still working on this to improve bandwidth with a review date of 28th December.

One of my colleagues will be in touch nearer the review date with further updates.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
crazy
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

this area 20 fault is now a joke mine has been ongoing since dec 2015 and my new date is dec 2016, at the moment the internet is useless spends more time off than on

just give us a honest answer can you fix it? its ok reducing our bills, but mine at the moment is not worth the amount i am paying

0 Kudos
Marv95
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

What Postcode are you?? Im po12... I am thinking about moving to BT or Sky.

0 Kudos
maafty
Dialled in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

best to leave VM, im about to, ive had 2 years of this, and the fix date always moves 3 months soon as it gets close, heard every excuse you can think of, every year we have to pay more to help keep the excellent service, ive yet to see this excellent service..... vivid 200 and i get 2! customer services have actually told be that this is acceptable. Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
crazy
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

think many will leave if not sorted soon the internet is useless, tv boxes snails would react quicker than what that thing does, just wish they would be honest and tell us what this fault is that has been ongoing so long!!!

0 Kudos
MrBungle
Dialled in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Just been looking @ EE broadband and its cheaper than im paying now WITH a goodwill reduction! Smiley Surprised

Its a no brainer for me unless virgin can match the sub £20 per month charge! Smiley Indifferent 

virgin have been poor for too long now, ive lost faith and confidence in the brand Smiley Indifferent

Update: Just read some ee broadband reviews OMG NO WAY  Smiley Very Happy Smiley Surprised

0 Kudos
SlowSM7
Dialled in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Must be hard working in the Forum Team having to pedal the same excuses day in day out, don't envy you guys 😬

Would love to see someone with some authority say something or give their contact email but there's no chance of that, all hiding behind desks in anonymous roles.
0 Kudos