Menu
nick007
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Area 12 - Dreadful Service 6MB on a 100MB service Post options

Why is the service so bad in Area 12. I have reported this by the phone but it does not work .  Sometimes I get 100MB but in peak times , and 5-15MB is very common. Just now 11pm today night, so hardly peak time 10MB. Given I am paying for a 100MB service this is just robbery.

i can not play the computer games for this bad internet performance after 6pm, so please solve this. The picture is the speed test using the ethernet cable between hub and my pc.

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Images removed (Personal IP address displayed), please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Andy1975
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 12 - Dreadful Service 6MB on a 100MB service Post options

Welcome to the high utilisation club .. Admin will be along in a week or so to give you a fault code in the millions and a date that means nothing as its not a repair date and only a review date that they will push forward multiply times.

In the mean time feel free to troll/browse the forums for the next year or 2 until its fixed as gaming is impossible and also any kind of streaming.

Feel free to use any device with 3g/4g to have a better internet connection than VM's 200Mb service and when your internet is one day fixed not to go to youtube as they broke that too.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 12 - Dreadful Service 6MB on a 100MB service Post options

Hey nick007,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear that you're getting slow speeds, I'm sorry but the suspicions are correct. We do have a fault in your area under ref: F004833483 which is due for review on the 28th Dec. This fault is responsible for slow speeds, which I believe is the cause of your problems.

My sincere apologies for this, please let me know if you have any further questions.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos