Menu
thisisdash
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Area 03 Utilisation Fault

Hi Guys,

Just had an engineer visit and tell me he was perplexed as to why he was sent round, he's exhaustively checked our connection because downstream has been spiking between 70mbps and 2mpbs all year. This month it hit a new low of 0.5mbps consistent.

He tells me that this is a 'utilisation issue' in the area, a quick google shows me this is an endemic problem across virgin and I am extremely alarmed and angry that this is the case, the area's been oversold.

My speed is so bad it's unusable. No pages render. The superhub is literally useless.

I tried calling VM and got nowhere. Can anyone help either give me some updates on the utilisation ticket or explain next steps?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Bhavshav
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 03 Utilisation Fault

I have been experiencing this issue since August. The fix date has moved a number of times and I have been now told it is 25 Jan. Although nit guaranteed. 

VM will not proactively contact customers as apparently this issue only affects a small number of customers. Complaining to the CEO didn't achieve much..don't think he's interested.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Area 03 Utilisation Fault

Hello thisisdash

I am sorry you are having problems with slow speeds. I notice that previously Emma checked and the area traffic was not quite exceeding thresholds however we will be happy to take another look. At the moment I am unable to identify your connection from the last recorded forum IP address so will send you a forum private message to gather some more information.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos