Menu
Mercman123
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Another frustrated long term customer with speed issues

hi, I have been an XL broadband user for many years, getting the upgrades from 50mbs up to the current useless, for my needs  200mbs offering. I was upgraded to a super hub 2 in march, but always used the hub in modem mode, as the wifi speeds are just poor and don't cope with the number of devices most modern house holds use. I used the hub in conjunction with a nether r6250 with 1300mbs wifi, this setup on most occasions would give 150-210mbs. However over the summer this dropped to around 100mbs, so on the 18th October I called support, and after some tests they managed to change some server settings and I was back at 200mbs even at peak time. However I have since been through retentions and received a new super hub 3, when I first connected it without the net gear being used I got 205mbs so stayed with this setup. However since the 20th I can't get more than 80-90mbs on most occasions. I have been in contact with support to be told there is no fault, but that the region has downloaded more than it should have. Even though you sell unlimited downloads. I was told this was just me on my own, but was later clarified. I raised a complaint, and after four days, still having heard anything, and still have only a fraction of the speed I am paying for Please sort this out virgin and get me working, this is affecting my work and sanity

Mercman123
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Another frustrated long term customer with speed issues

Still nothing, guess the moderators and the whole company has gone to watch f1
0 Kudos
Mellymel12
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ditto Ditto - I have been with VM 10yrs+ I am so angry that they seem to have forgotten about the loyal long service customer - I have the top tv package and the supposedly top broadband speed.
Not once have I had anywhere near the top speed nor have I ever been contacted to ask if all is ok and would I like the new hub - I'm paying a lot of money to virgin media without fail every month and think it's about time that Virgin took it upon themselves to thank their long term customer by ensuring they have the up to date equipment and the promised internet speeds are met.
We are your bread and butter customers - surely we matter - come on VM get it right
Yes! I am looking to go elsewhere not because I want to but feel so disappointed that "loyalty" means zilch
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Forum response time is 1-2 weeks currently by the forum team. This is from your last post in a thread so do not bump if not necessary.

For quicker responses you need to call up and battle through the scripts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Mercman123
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have a complaint made over the phone, that I am waiting for an answer to, this is just another place to rant about the poor customer service and ignorance of Virgin Media to their problems. Any service provider should be monitoring the forums ey have setup and also responding when they say they do, to a complaint. Virgins customer service stinks.

i would love to know what KPI's they use and how often they are hitting them at the moment.

Shafreya wrote:
Forum response time is 1-2 weeks currently by the forum team. This is from your last post in a thread so do not bump if not necessary.

For quicker responses you need to call up and battle through the scripts.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Mercman123

I get what you are saying. I personally won't use phones if I want to make a query/complaint. I would rather wait the time on the forums (don't bump the thread if you don't need to, puts you to the back of the queue) and get a real response.

0 Kudos
DarkBahamut
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Does bumping actually put you to the back of the queue though? That's what was said when these forums first opened all those years ago, but It was stated a couple of years back that this was no longer the case anymore.

Are you saying VM actually reverted to the old - and rather silly system?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

yep, I remember that too, didn't last long.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sadly yes

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mercman123,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

Sorry to read that you are having issues with the broadband speeds.

I've managed to locate your account, the line and hub are showing as fine. There are no faults reported and the traffic on the network is running stable.

Looking at the other thread you created, I can see that my colleague Nicola mentioned that the Ethernet connections were sync'd at 100 Mbps. Now they are currently showing as 1 Gbps which is much better. Has anything changed at all? Have you noticed an improvement with the broadband speeds?

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos