Menu
mathisj7
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

200mb Vivid Broadband installed ??

i have just upgraded to the 200mb Vivid broadband yesterday, i was on the 150mb package and have been getting around 110.. since update i am still getting around 100mb? whats the point of upgrading to get the same spoeed?? ripped off i think....

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Bigga
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 200mb Vivid Broadband installed ??

When i upgraded to 200mb i couldn't get more than 100mb, spent about an hour on phone with the technical people who couldn't solve it, turned out to be the ethernet cable i was using, couldn't handle over 100. Changed back to the original yellow one and it sorted it. Don't know if that will help you but that was my problem......

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

hi mathisj7, 

Welcome to the forums, I'm sorry to see you have been having trouble with your speeds. 

It looks like the speed upgrade has gone through ok and the connection is looking good from this side. 

Are you using a wired or a wireless connection? If wireless try wired, pop the computer into safe mode and the hub into modem only mode. This will help us to rule some things out. Re-try your speed test then and let us know if there is a difference. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
clubsceneuk2
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I find that during the week the broadband connection slows right down to between 40 - 70 and only at the weekends do i get 200mb plus. I only get 50 to 60mb on speed tests if using a wireless laptop but when i test using the cable it gives me what I expect.

I will say that it would seem the virgin team do throttle the broadband in the week which is not what we pay for but has come to be expected from most companies who provide businesses with broadband.

0 Kudos