Menu
TheChrisFord
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

10% or less of vivid gamer Bandwidth

I have just got off the phone from Tech support and customer services.  I was on the call for over an hour most of which was on hold.

<My story>  Before Christmas I saw a marked degrade in my bandwidth (usually 210+ mbps) I pay for the vivid gamer non throttled package.  I get between 3 and 20 at the moment.  My phone is faster than my £50 per month broadband!

I called through early Jan and was told repeatedly its not an issue.  Finally it was accepted that there was a contention issue in my area.  I was told that extra hardware was already acquired to fix the issue and it would be finished before the end of Jan.  That came and went and I was told it was now Feb 8th.  That has just gone and I have called to be told it will now be the middle of April.  NOT ACCEPTABLE.

I have waited patiently and been polite.  This is now taking the pee.  I know that rolling out already acquired hardware (servers etc) does not take months.  Its what I do for a living and I voiced this to Virgins fault line only to now be told that there is a lot of other work required. No specifics.

I was given a credit of £22 for January's loss of service.  I was just offered a goodwill credit of £50 by one customer service chap who accidentally then transferred me to the fault team.  Once I got back to the Cust servs and mentioned the £50 goodwill gesture he rudely explained I have already had that in credits going back to August for poor service.  effectivly saying I had been given enough.  I had to stop my self shouting that "you are not giving me anything 'goodwill' you are merely returning my money that you have taken and not provided a service for".

I have demanded a call back from a manager and confirmed that all calls are recorded!

Anyone want to have a sweep on whether that call will ever happen?

0 Kudos
TheChrisFord
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 10% or less of vivid gamer Bandwidth

No call back what a surprise
0 Kudos
Bartman007
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If VM are 100% at fault, utilisation (over subscribing) is their problem, then make a formal complaint with VM, after 8 weeks if its not resolved take it to CISAS, follow my simple guide to make it easier.

You can, if you provide enough evidence to CISAS you can get up to, if not more than 50% of your BB costs.

Hit them in their pocket not yours.

Also, TBH, the more that complain paints a picture to CISAS, and in turn OFCOM might get involved, it might be a small percentage, but its a big enough percentage to make heads turn.

Don't procrastinate, go and do it.

Good luck

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the information I provide is available on Google Search, I just make it simple for you Smiley Happy
Raco
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

You wont get any call backs they say that to keep you happy and get you off the phone. You have a few options that you need to consider either 1: stay with virgin and expect that your over utilization will not be fixed anytime soon (some people have been waiting 3+ years). 2: phone them up and speak to the leave department, If you are in a over utilization area you shouldn't be charged a early termination fee and move to a different isp.

Don't forget they will lie and lie to keep you happy, trust nothing they tell you.

0 Kudos