Menu
ahill
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

well worried

Just cancelled one of my accounts major saga and another rant..
But during it they asked for my bank details .. Which I refused to give.. Resulting in them just hanging up on me. Then ended up in the shop refusing to leave until account is cancelled.. Obviously virgin media protocol is to ask for bank details over the phone . AND THEY THINK IT IS ACCEPTABLE. Or just bad training of operators.. However more vunerable customers would be exposed to fraud due the virginmedia's current stance
I would like to hear there excuse on this
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
ahill
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: well worried

The do the usual checks .. Just lets say the people asking the questions may require to be re educated on what and how they ask questions and be clear when using the English language and maybe more precise questions on how the clarify you as the account holder . there is enough it fraud with virgin media making it easy
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It does seem a bit odd...

What number did you phone them on? What sort of details did they want?

For example Id find it perfectly acceptable for them to ask what my last payment was and how it was made, but not for my account number. Under DPA they need to make sure its you but there's other details they could ask for to verify...

0 Kudos
ahill
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The do the usual checks .. Just lets say the people asking the questions may require to be re educated on what and how they ask questions and be clear when using the English language and maybe more precise questions on how the clarify you as the account holder . there is enough it fraud with virgin media making it easy
0 Kudos
ahill
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Should read .. Without virginmedia making it easy..
0 Kudos