Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 5 (120 Views)

changing username

Hi, I'm trying to change my username, have logged into my profile and requested the change. I keep being told I will receive an email  which I will need to click on a "confirm my username" link.  Despite requesting this be resent several times, I still have not received any email with this link just an email saying congratulations you have changed your username, except I haven't because I cant log in with it as I get the message telling me I need to check my inbox for the email to confirm my username , which I haven't received.  Please can you advise?  I had a weird email from someone saying they have received allsorts of personal info about us, inc our address (which he printed in the email), he added an attachment with a code so we could see what info he had received about us.  He said he thought it had been sent to him by mistake and he thinks we'd been hacked!

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Super solver
Message 2 of 5 (214 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Rachd2
a month ago

Re: changing username

Rachd2 wrote:

I had a weird email from someone saying they have received allsorts of personal info about us, inc our address (which he printed in the email), he added an attachment with a code so we could see what info he had received about us.  He said he thought it had been sent to him by mistake and he thinks we'd been hacked!

This is a scam email that a number of us have received.  Whatever you do DO NOT open the attached .dot file as it contains a virus.  Delete the email.

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

All Replies
Super solver
Message 2 of 5 (215 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by Rachd2
a month ago

Rachd2 wrote:

I had a weird email from someone saying they have received allsorts of personal info about us, inc our address (which he printed in the email), he added an attachment with a code so we could see what info he had received about us.  He said he thought it had been sent to him by mistake and he thinks we'd been hacked!

This is a scam email that a number of us have received.  Whatever you do DO NOT open the attached .dot file as it contains a virus.  Delete the email.

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron
Superuser
Message 3 of 5 (112 Views)

Two separate issues

Dealing with the second - the weird email you received was a scam as you will see from the many other posts about it in this forum.

Changing the username of the account only changes how you log into the account - it doesn't change the  underlying email address.  If you want to change the username the email address you choose must be one that you already own and it cannot be a virginmedia.com (or legacy domains) one.

Message 4 of 5 (99 Views)

I would still like to change my username though, along with the email address.  It won't do it however

0 Kudos
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5 (60 Views)

If anyone is unfortunate enough to open said attachment, then zip it up and send me it so i can sandbox it and see what it actually does and let you know.
0 Kudos