Menu
1600E
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I keep getting calls from this number by a foreign sounding chap.  I can hardly understand what he is saying.  Everytime I ask what it is he wants, he says I'll call you back later?  My mobile is not even on Virgin network.  My number is registered with TPS to avoid unsolicited calls but it's constant.  How can I stop these calls, they claim to be from Virgin?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 08001836408

Hi 1600E

Thanks for joining us on the community forums and welcome.

I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing nuisance calls on your mobile from one of our Marketing teams Smiley Sad

For unsolicited calls, as mentioned, you can register your details with the Telephone Preference Service link here for your landline and your mobile can also be registered on this link too TPS

You were not receiving a silent call in this instance but should this be an issue for you at any point you can also register your numbers with Silentcall-Gard here SCG

Silentcall-Gard takes 24 hours to activate but needs to be re-registered every 12 months.

Finally if we have your details for contact purposes and you would like us to opt you out of any marketing calls that we provide to you, then we can opt you out of these and this take up to 6 weeks to update with us. Once you're opted in for both of these that remain opted in as long as you have the numbers. You can arrange this via our contact centres on the phone via 150 or 0345 454 1111. Alternatively our Webchat teams can also opt you out of these calls too.

As you’re not a customer with us can you can also register the number that is being dialled on our opt out page, Opt-Out

Let us know if you need anything else.

We're here to help out Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Karen_A wrote:

Hi 1600E

Thanks for joining us on the community forums and welcome.

I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing nuisance calls on your mobile from one of our Marketing teams Smiley Sad

For unsolicited calls, as mentioned, you can register your details with the Telephone Preference Service link here for your landline and your mobile can also be registered on this link too TPS

You were not receiving a silent call in this instance but should this be an issue for you at any point you can also register your numbers with Silentcall-Gard here SCG

Silentcall-Gard takes 24 hours to activate but needs to be re-registered every 12 months.

Finally if we have your details for contact purposes and you would like us to opt you out of any marketing calls that we provide to you, then we can opt you out of these and this take up to 6 weeks to update with us. Once you're opted in for both of these that remain opted in as long as you have the numbers. You can arrange this via our contact centres on the phone via 150 or 0345 454 1111. Alternatively our Webchat teams can also opt you out of these calls too.

As you’re not a customer with us can you can also register the number that is being dialled on our opt out page, Opt-Out

Let us know if you need anything else.

We're here to help out Smiley Happy

The link provided appears to be for postal marketing only, there are no options provided to opt-out of telephone contact.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
0 Kudos
MrHalfAsleep
Rising star
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It can take a while for you to be removed from lists via TPS.  However, you may get plonked back on marketing lists if someone else in the house calls the numbers you have asked to have removed, as far as I understand.

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
0 Kudos
1600E
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Karen but my phone IS registered with TPS already.
My mobile is not with Virgin but my landline is.
I have already requested Virgin staff NOT to contact my mobile number, asked for it to be removed from your lists all to no avail.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi 1600E

If you can pop back to me via the PM I'm sending to you for me to escalate this for you if this has not yet happened then that would be great Smiley Happy

You can find this on the top right of the forums next to your forum name in the purple envelope.

@Sololobo, thanks for that, the link used to do both but it appears they have amended it since.

Cheers for the support!

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos