Menu
ZeusCreeds
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

upstream issues or not>?

i am a novice at all this but i will note below what the issues is.

in short we have had a sh3 fitted and since then we have had intermittent drop out when on line, the wired xbox1 logs of live and kicks my profile out (not able to play online) my laptop cant connect wireless, our other xbox's have the same issue too. it only happens for a few seconds and its not enough time for me to run any tests. i do see on the xbox that the ipv4 info disappears and the nat connection goes from open to blank too. the issue happens both wired and wirelessly

we have had the sh3 replaced 3 times (when they are here for all 5 minutes checking) and have been told on the last visit they think its an u/stream issue not going to be resolved until March17.

im not very hopeful about this. i have been with virgin since the telewest days and have never had service like this before. 

every 5 to 10 minutes we get kicked out, when we speak to the call centre they see it is looking connection once to twice a day.

need someone to help before i throw in the towel on this.

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: upstream issues or not>?

You should post the modem stats. Browse to 192.168.0.1

On the Login page, click CHECK ROUTER STATUS

Copy/paste the Downstream, Upstream power levbel pages and the Network Log. We can see if there's anything going on in the circuit that shouldn't be.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi ZeusCreeds, 

Thanks for posting! Sorry to hear about your issues with you upstream. I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I have tested things from here and it would seem that your Hub is offline, is this due to it being switched off from your end? If so, please respond to me here at a time when it will be on and available for testing.

If it's not, then an engineer will need to attend. I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this all sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks,

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ZeusCreeds
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Adam.

Nothing is off this side.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi ZeusCreeds,

Thanks for getting back to us. Checking into this, I can see that there is an area issue causing a problem with your broadband connection.

Fault Reference: F004979321

Description: You might find that your Virgin Broadband is a bit slow and your TiVo BBC iPlayer programmes buffer at certain times of the day.

Estimated end date:12 APR 2017 11:55 (please be aware that this is an estimated fix time and can change due to the complexities of the fault)

We apologise for the inconvenience this causes.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I see that the Forum Team has avoided using a term such as 'utilisation fault' like they used to do.  Of course it may be something technical requiring e.g. New optical equipment that has a delivery lead time (unlikely).

so you might do well to ask if the ticket does indeed show 17-April as the hoped for END date or whether it is a REVIEW DATE.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos