Menu
shena68
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

failed installation

I have been a virgin customer from the very start and have loved the service we were provided over the years but we recently moved house and virgin media have let us down badly and dont seem to care. We gave 3 weeks notice off moving house and got a agreed installation date so far so good.  Then on day of installation 2 teams arived to conect us but then said they had problem and could not conect us to there network and we were then left with nothing not even telephone. We were told we would be a priority and i was happy with that. and would be phoned in 48 hrs with update from manager. Then 3 days later no contact so we tried to phone virgin the person on the phoned stuggled with english and was very unhelpful and we were on hold for 40 mins and kept getting redirected then cut off. eventually talked to someone who again said they would get us a call back with update but we still did not get a call.This has now cost us money and hours on the phone and we feel badly let down as loyal customers. so as i type no idea when or if this will get sorted. we are now considering leaving as we have no choice.

Helpful Answers
Farhana
Superfast
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: failed installation

0 Kudos
shena68
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you Faraha

0 Kudos

All Replies
Farhana
Superfast
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

They're just fobbing you off. I was supposed to have my landline installed 4 weeks ago.

I called them up and said they would contact me and my problem is a 'high priority issue' they've said they would call me back in 1 week, then 2 weeks and I just got off the phone with gh m yesterday and he now says 5 days, hah!

I'll believe it when I see it.

Note: they installed my broadband, only my broadband.
0 Kudos
shena68
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just to add insult to injury they have also just taken out this months payment. Yet i have had no service for nearly a week. So now paying for a service i am not receiving. I wonder if OFCOM would help me?

Farhana
Superfast
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You should go through the 8 week VM resolution route for complains and then post a letter to CISAS if it isn't solved in 8 weeks.
0 Kudos
Farhana
Superfast
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

0 Kudos
shena68
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you Faraha

0 Kudos
Mikedemo
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We had an agreed installation date the 21st of March. Engineers turned up to install i toom a valuable day off work but the first engineer never turned up from street to house. We arranged tbe 6th of April received a phone call the day before to say everything is good. Next day phone call to say they cannot as they need permission from Liverpool council. We do not even live in Liverpool so why would they be involved? I went to Virgin because people in my street already have it. Yet they dont want to install. Disgusting lying and quite frankly unhelpful customer service. I have renewed sky they dont lie. I want Virgin but they dont want me? The worst company i have had the misfortune to deal with. I am trying to get reimbursement for the days of work. But they will probably lie about it anyway. A very disgruntled want to be customer.
0 Kudos