Menu
Mrshawes
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Waited 2 months for installation still no services

I moved house 2 months ago and Virgin still haven't been able to connect my services. I get an appointment and then the day before an email saying they have had to rearrange it. Last week I called up and they guaranteed me that all problems with the council had now been sorted and my phone line would be installed on the next appointment and broadband and tv on the one after. But the engineer turned up and left without even knocking the door and called saying he couldn't install because of cabling. he said a manager would be in touch but still nobody has made any attempt to contact me and that was 8 days ago. I have another installation date for broadband and tv in a week or so but I know the same will happen again. I have 3 children with no internet or tv for over 2 months, literally tearing my hair out with virgin! How do I get out of this contract??
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Waited 2 months for installation still no services

You probably don't have a contract because you don't have the services connected so one party to the deal hasn't fulfilled their obligations.

What you have experienced is not uncommon with new builds (at least from what I have see on the Forum). I'm afraid it comes down to one part of VM not talking to another part of VM.

You have two choices. You can phone 0345 454 1111 and tell them you don't wish to proceed further because of the delay and because no one is telling you what is happening and why.

You could then go with the likes of Sky, BT or Talk Talk but remember that means an aerial or a dish and broadband down a phone line which is not generally as good as the VM product.

But you you seem to want to persist with VM as you were clearly with them at your previous address. You must have remarkable patience. Here you have two choices. Ring the number - options 4,5 and put it to them straight and politely that if you are not properly advised of what is going on you will go. Or wait here until a Forum Team member picks this up and offers further advice. That could take a few days however.

This is exactly the scenario we had with friends whom I was advising. We got there in the end in the way I described.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mrshawes.

I appreciate you taking the time to get in touch with us about the installation delays and my sincere apologies that this has happened.

Thank you for taking the time to join us on the forums and for getting in touch with us about this.

I can see that the installation has had to be split into two which was originally due to a lack of capacity in the local cabinet that services the property you are in.

There have also been roadworks that have clashed with the works we had planned that have added further delays to us being able to get out and install and this latest issues was due to the engineer visit not being assigned as a 2 man crew that is necessary for the work to go ahead for you on both visits. I have checked in with the team and the TV and broadband visit is a 2man crew and there should be no issues that we can foresee affecting this installation for you, and that is due this week.

The phone install I have had converted and we have booked this in for the first available for you which I will confirm in a pm for you.

You can find the pm I'm sending in the next to your forum name.

If you could get back to me on this, that would be lovely.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Mrshawes
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I waited in all day long Saturday for the installation after being assured that all required permissions had been obtained so there was no reason for it not to go ahead. Finally the team arrived at ten to six in the evening to tell me they can't install as they don't have permission to come through the neighbours garden or alternatively install a new connection up the driveway which would also require permission from the council. I told virgin this two months ago and they assured me over and over again that they had been working on it and everything would be in place if I was prepared to wait for the appointment. I am absolutely disgusted that Virgin see it fit to treat their loyal and patient customers with nothing but lies.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mrshawes

I am so incredibly sorry to hear that despite us having prior knowledge of the wayleave issues that this was still not resolved by the time the engineers attended this Saturday. I was hoping that this would have been sorted as when this was checked the other day I could see nothing to suggest this had not been put in place for you Smiley Sad

I have escalated this to our Installs complaints team on your behalf and they should be in touch regarding this in the next 48 hours.

I'll keep in touch too if I hear anything back myself as I've asked to be looped into the escalation complaint communications for you.

Kind regards.

Karen

Virgin Media Forum Team

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos