Menu
Robbie_top
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Upgrade

Hi it is now mid Jan 2017, 200Mbps has been in my street since Mar 2016 I have had all different dates for the upgrade ....having been a customer for over 12 years I still find it appalling how Loyal customers are kicked to the kerb when things like this become available, this is the only message I have after I log in and it has been like this for over 3 weeks...........................................................

Hold on tight. Your speed boost is on the way…

Your speed upgrade will be ready to take your connection from up to 152Mbps to up to 200Mbps. It's all thanks to DOCSIS® - the magic in our cables. Look out for it between December 2016 and December 2016

Discover more with broadband

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade

Someone in recording keeping side hasn't got around to updating it with the new estimated date or they're waiting on information from another department. The Forum Team here can look into it and nudge them to get estimate information updated.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Robbie_top
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

WOW, what a lame excuse, I have neighbours who currently pay the same for 200Mbs as I do for 152Mbs because they have NEW contracts, as I stated in my Original post 200Mbs has been in my street for 10 months and with trials of 300Mbs ongoing will that be available here before I get my upgrade to 200Mbs with me still paying top package prices....

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Robbie_top wrote:

WOW, what a lame excuse, I have neighbours who currently pay the same for 200Mbs as I do for 152Mbs because they have NEW contracts, as I stated in my Original post 200Mbs has been in my street for 10 months and with trials of 300Mbs ongoing will that be available here before I get my upgrade to 200Mbs with me still paying top package prices....

If your part of the network has an outstanding capacity issues you could be waiting 2 to 3 years for any faster speeds.

Unfortunately it does happen (estimate not being updated), but it is a easily correctable issue. The reason new customers get the faster speeds is because there will be few of them, so there's normally just enough spare capacity to go around to put new customers onto the new speeds. But in an un-upgraded part of the network there isn't enough capacity to free-speed-upgrade all the existing customers. Then there is of course capacity / contention issues which will delay it.

And as you mentioned: You can of course choose to recontract to 200Mb (paid upgrade.) You'll get the 200Mb, but there will of course be the new contract and you may end up paying more per month. Also, because your part of the network isn't upgraded yet, you may not get a steady broadband speed (could fluctuate often and by big amounts of speed.)

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Robbie_top
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So what you are saying is TOUGH SH**, Its OK for someone to get faster speeds than me  FOR THE SAME PRICE because they tied themselves down to a new contract and everyone else can go and take a running Jump...really good way to keep customers.....How did they manage to win Awards for customer service,,,obviously those people have never seen these forums and the amount of complaints..or the Virgin Media Facebook page which is also full of complaints......

Jacevoor77
Up to speed
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Doesn't matter if it's on here or Facebook or Twitter check other Internet providers forums you still get trouble that's what I been doing so I can jump off virgin in the UK it's a hard choice so far
0 Kudos
Robbie_top
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You seriously believe the drivel you are spouting.....everyone has just had an increase in the amount they pay per month for their services so that VM 'can further improve the quality of service' they offer, when in actual fact it has gotten progressively worse, with the advent of 300Mbs trials and people wanting to sign up for faster upgraded services, VM can't cope with the influx, they couldn't cope before but now it is even worse....They should only offer the speeds that they KNOW they have the capacity to cope with + surplus for new customers rather than Con the public into purchasing their..'Superfast' service then attempt to fix the problems AFTER they have customers money

0 Kudos