Menu
zimmer46
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 2ac setting no longer accessible

I have accessed my settings many times before and never changed from the default details on the bottom of the router.  However, I am now unable to access the settings. 

I keep getting the message "Password is not recognised, please try again"

I am accessing via 192.168.0.1 where I see the page requesting Settings Password and WPS PIN, both of which have never been changed from default.   I have tried resetting the router by powering off and pressing the reset for over 60 seconds, but still not resolved.

Strangely, in the 18 months I have had the router there have been occasions when I have keyed the details and got the same error, but after trying a few times it eventually worked, and before anyone suggests I must have had a typo, I can assure you I did not.  

Any ideas ?  

0 Kudos
zimmer46
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 2ac setting no longer accessible

Sorted it.

Noticed when I input the WRS PIN the password filed was changing the number of characters displayed.  So Input WPS PIN first and then rekeyed the password and bingo.   The password field seemed to be getting pre populated with a different password.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 2ac setting no longer accessible

The SH2ac should only ask for the WPS Pin if the password is the default "changeme" 

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
0 Kudos