Menu
machanch
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Recent Email about upgrade 100 to 150 Mbps

Not sure if this is the correct place for this...

Recently received an email from VMedia telling me this ...

Whoooooshhhh – that’s fast.

Hello Justin,

You’re on. Welcome to VIVID – our next generation optical fibre.

You already had the fastest widely available broadband (up to twice as fast as BT Infinity and Sky Fibre up to 76Mbps). But your broadband just got even faster – we’ve now increased your speed from a nippy up to 100Mb to up to 150Mb.

IVMedia telling me this

I have gone to look at my account and also to do a speed test.

The account shows that my speed is VIVID 100 and the speed test returns

http://www.speedtest.net/result/5813465799.png

http://www.speedtest.net/result/5813494038.png

none of these would suggest that the connection is anywhere near 150Mbps

Am I wrong to think that I should at the least receive something nearer to 150 or above 100Mbps.. I had 150Mbps before I had an upgrade to the XL package but ask for it to be put back to the previous package and BB speed. However they put me back to 100Mbps. Now I am told in this email extract above that I should be on 150Mbps..

Has anyone here received the same message, if so what has change if any?

Machanch
OpenSUSE (linux), Manjaro (Linux OS)
AMD Quadcore CPU, Asus Motherboard, AMD HD Graphic card
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Recent Email about upgrade 100 to 150 Mbps

The first two emails were this one

Screenshot_20161120-180810.png

And the last one

Screenshot_20161120-180750.png

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Bingley
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Had the same email it`s just another lie from VM, they have denied sending them but in fact they did. They said they`re spam emails which is untrue as if you reply to the email it will kick back from VM saying we do not pick up mail from this inbox. I spent 40 minutes with the tech guys at Newcastle investigating this. Just another fine mess from VM

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

upload speed suggests you are still on 100meg - download speed would depend what you are testing on - if its wifi then anything is possible - if its wired then 60 is slow

if you have not already reboot the SH - leave it off for a few minutes - check the config file or the download speed - not sure what it is for 150 but its more than 6

if you are still on 100 after a reboot give retentions a ring - they should sort it whilst you are on the phone to them

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos
machanch
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you..

I have no problems technical that I cannot deal with. My issue was to find out if other customers had received the same email.. and just to say that I had been misled by VM sales personel when they introduced me to the 6 month trial of the Full House package. I specifically asked that should I not wanting to stay with this upgrade and want to revert back to my original package if that would be so., and was told yes.. All thet was required was me contacting VM close to the date the deal ends and ask to be reverted back to my previous package.

That was not done althought the person I spoke to told me it would be put back to what i had. Now these email saying that my package has been upped to 150Mbps when it certainly not so..

I would give them a call tomorrow to speak to them about it.

As for my connections I always test my network (local and the internet) from my main PC which is ethernet connected.

Machanch
OpenSUSE (linux), Manjaro (Linux OS)
AMD Quadcore CPU, Asus Motherboard, AMD HD Graphic card
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I believe there's a bug in the system somewhere sending these emails out, I've received 3 of them over the last week about my speed boost from 100 to 150 and there sending a new Hub. My speed boost to 150 happened at the end of last summer and since last December I've been on the Vivid 200 tier.
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The first two emails were this one

Screenshot_20161120-180810.png

And the last one

Screenshot_20161120-180750.png

0 Kudos