Menu
jafp
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

No service

Hi

I was without service from monday 20th this month until friday 24th afternoon. I remember having prior notice about some work that would possibly interrupt service but it said for only few hours.

So far there is no explanation or apology. What happened?

I shall expect that my next bill reflects the situation with generous compensation for inconvenience caused and expenses accrued.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No service

Hi jafp, 

Thanks for the post! I am sorry to hear about your issues with your broadband having no service, I offer my apologies for any inconvenience.

I have tested things from here and I noticed that your Hub is offline, is this due to it being switched off from your side? If so, please switch it on and post back here at a time when it will be available for testing.

If it is not offline due to being switched off from your side then an engineer will need to attend and investigate this further for you.

I will send you a PM (purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required in order to proceed with making the booking, please respond to me there if it's not switched off from your end and I'll get this sorted.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: No service

Hi jafp,

I hope you don't mind me picking this up for Adam as he is out of the office. My apologies for the miss-understanding of your post in regards to the loss of service.

From checking this, there was maintenance work completed within the time-frame you mentioned on 2 occasions which lasted a few hours which would of had an impact on your connection. However this would not of caused total loss of service for the length of time you mentioned.

In regards to compensation, this is not something Virgin Media offer. With regards to loss of service credit we are able to provide these at times when you are without service for 24 hours or more. In order to receive the credit you would need to report the fault to us at the first instance and then the credit will be applied once the fault has been resolved. Checking the account there was no report on the dates above that you were without service. Going forward, if you notice this again, let us know straight away for us to check it over.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos