Menu
greentrac69
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No internet, no green tick

I've not had any connection to the internet since 11.30 this morning.

I can connect to the router so the LAN is working but there is not connection outside. The arrow is flashing but I have no green tick.

I called 150 and we went through resetting etc but it has made no difference. She said she's phpne back and didn't.

I rely on broadband for my work so this has really screwed me up!

please help!

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: No internet, no green tick

What does the router status say when you connect to 192.168.0.1, don't log in, but go to the status pages.

If your lucky its an area fault (which may or may not show up on virgin medias service status https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status), and will go away by itself.

Have you tried switching the hub off, waiting a few seconds and switching it on again?

If you wait here it will be 1-2 weeks before a Member of Virgin staff can look at your issue, so you may have to face a load more hold music on 150.

0 Kudos
Andrew-H
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

She shouldn't have said that she'd call you back. She should have booked you a tech, assuming there are no outages. Phone back. The connection details from the modem would be useful, but offline is offline.

These are just my opinions. Feel free to completely ignore my advice. The above message may contain sarcasm (if you can't find it, you're not looking hard enough)
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi greentrac69,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Sorry to read you are experiencing loss of broadband service.

I would like to check this in more detail for you, however I was unable to locate your account. If you can send me a Private Message confirming your address, I can look further into this.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos