Menu
Steven8881
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

No internet connection

Slow flashing green light on modem. No internet at all. Anyone got the same problem? NN14 area. Rang 150 and got a message saying the problem should be fixed by 1am. No good to me.
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Fowler54
Tuning in
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: No internet connection

Went off in the early hours here in the PO8 are and is still off.

Steven8881
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Back up as of 6:30 pm.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Fowler54
Tuning in
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Went off in the early hours here in the PO8 are and is still off.

Steven8881
Tuning in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Back up as of 6:30 pm.
0 Kudos
Chappo123
Joining in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

No Internet here either. Went off at 5 last night, saidc4 tov6 hours to sort. Today been told 7 days which is pathetic. Think I will be going elsewhere.
ElCappitano
Joining in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Service in NE11 area stopped Friday night, had various updates over the weekend until I got told the date will be 21st!!

I rely on this for support work outside hours, ended up having to get a massive data bundle on my phone so I can carry on.

I'd be really interested to know what the issue is, had some major issue with them at business level this year also.

0 Kudos
rockette
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Had been having intermittent internet access problems in TW1 for about a week before went on holiday ten days ago. Came back end of last week to no internet at all  Dialled 150 and got recorded message saying problem now fixed and undergoing final testing. Service would resume at around 12 am. It did not, message has changed to "this is a really complex issue so taking a little longer than usual to fix" and there it sits. The official Service status report is completely wrong and merely says ""fault with logging out, engineer on the way."  Thing is how do you get past the pre recorded message to find out what it actually happening and when it will be fixed? (Sending this via 3rd party dongle on laptop. Not what I am paying £100 month to VM for........)

ElCappitano
Joining in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Just hang on at the end of the message (zero maybe)..  I've done this twice and got them to run tests and try and get some sort of explanation, stock reply of 'complex issue' changed yesterday when the operator said that all home visits had been cancelled for the week and everyone was working on it???

Been with them 2 1/2 years and despite a debacle in the first fortnight I've not had any issues, this one's a nightmare, and as someone who knows plenty about comms I'd much rather a proper explanation.  Beginning to wonder whether there's infrastructure being compromised in some way, it certainly isn't someone's gone through line...    

0 Kudos
rockette
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Still no internet.  I signed up this morning to get regular text updates on progress on the issue from VM.  Needless to say nothing has appeared. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
rockette
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Still no Internet , now 4 days and could be more as we were on holiday until Friday.  Anyone know how widespread this problem is? I just get a recorded message saying it is a "really complex issue" with my own postcode inserted (TW1) so I don't know how big an area is affected. My son who lives in Wimbledon says he had major problems a few weeks back but now his connection is fine. I signed up for text updates on progress from VM but have had nothing. Anyone spoken to them lately?

0 Kudos
rockette
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

OK spoke to someone in the call centre and said I have had no internet access since last week. Me: "My internet has been down since last week. Can you tell me what is happening?"  Call Centre: "Please hold while I check."  Call Centre: "Please hold while I print out the status." Call Centre: "Could you continue to hold please, I need to check something else." Call Centre: "There is an outage in your area. Staff are working on it now and we hope to have it fixed on Friday 2st October." Me: "What is the problem? It will be over a week." Call Centre:" I apologise for the inconvenience  (repeats previous sentence.)" Me: "Yes but what is the problem and why is it taking so long to fix." Call Centre: repeats previous sentence.

Do VM have any idea what they are doing? Does anyone? Who is affected?