Menu
richz0r
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New build - virgin media area

Hi, what's the best way to find out progress on virgin media becoming available in a new build development? It looks like they've dug up the roads to connect things up and we're on of the first to move in but can't seem to find out any info on when VM will be available to use...
0 Kudos
pyrotenax
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: New build - virgin media area

Have you tried http://www.virginmedia.com/cablemystreet/ ?

Running ASUS RT-AC88U with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware
0 Kudos
richz0r
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yep unfortunately it seems to not like the new postcode, just takes me back to 'enter postcode' in a loop after picking an address...
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi richz0r, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you are stuck in a loop with the website. 

I will pop you a PM asking for some more details and we'll get them mailed off to the right team to deal with this. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
JamesAlexanderB
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I wouldn't get too enthused about expecting Virgin Media any time soon. 

We rent a new build home, and were aware we were moving in from February last year. We were told by the landlord that the house was Virgin and Sky enabled, so that we would be able to get either of them from the get go. 

I popped into my local Virgin Media store to enquire about getting Virgin in the house, they replied they had no records of it with it being a new build and they would call me back. I've been waiting for that call back for a year, and still nothing.

We went with Sky shortly after moving in in March 2016, and our contract is up in March this year. Contacted Virgin a few times about getting Virgin installed, like yourself, we have all the points in the living room and the Brown Omnibox on the front however I just keep getting told "it's not ready to be installed yet" however, landlord has told me that they worked in conjunction with Virgin to ensure all homes were set up to be installed from the get go.

Anyway, that's just my experience. I've escalated to the landlord to try and sort it out. Will keep you updated on what happens Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos