Menu
iDKronix
Joining in
Message 1 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Internet keeps disconnecting

So im a new customer from 28th feb 2017, My speed is great but my broadband keeps disconnecting once sometimes twice a day (that i know about, i work until 6pm). Its quite infuriating as i skype alot and sometimes uploading. Any idea why it keeps doing this? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet keeps disconnecting

Hi iDKronix,

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and it seems you are affected by fault ref F005166065 for SNR and FECS (signal to Noise Ratio and Forward Error Corrections). 

I will keep an eye on this and let you know as soon as I know more, you may notice the broadband speed slow down or even disconnect during the duration of this fault. 

Once the fault has cleared I will take another look to be sure there are no other issues that could be masked by the fault at present. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
MichelleH
Tuning in
Message 3 of 44
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same problem.

It's always in the afternoon starting around 1pm. As I had a week off I really got into my gaming but alas never got much done as the internet (TV was also pixelating bad) was going offline every 30mins to an hour and staying down for up to 20mins. I phoned the helpline on Thurs 9th and was told that an engineer would be out on the 14th (yesterday).

From Thurs 9th to the 14th my internet has going down 25 times and each time I have been off-line for anything from 10 to 30mins.

When the engineer came out all he did was to replace the Docsis cable and a new splitter, so the same day the disconnects were back. I phoned up yet again to tell the person what was happing. This time I was told that he could send a signal down the line to fix it and that I will never have a disconnect again, well later that day the internet went down so I just turned off the PC to watch some TV. Hard to watch the TV when it's just pixelating all over the place.

Today at 1pm and then at 2:37pm the internet disconnects again. I ring the help line up. To start off the woman won't take it that I haven't got wire-less and keep going on. For the 9th time "I'm not on wire-less, I'm wired" but she keep blaming my wire-less signal interfering with some other electrical item. After that all she says is to reboot the box and says that will fix it.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Hi iDKronix,

Thanks for for patience, I have taken another look and fault ref F005166065 for SNR and FECS has now been resolved. 

I have taken another look at your connection and have noticed a small issue with slow speeds at peak times. I have popped the details across to Networks to investigate further, once I have more news I will let you know. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Hi MichelleH, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and things seem to be ok from this side. 

Pop the hub into modem only mode with the computer in safe mode with networking. Let us know if this makes a difference, we want to strip the connection back to basics so we can see where the issues begin to kick in.

It would also help to see a BQM so we can get a better feel of what you are seeing from your side. (Please be aware link is external and we're not responsible for its contents).

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Hi iDKronix, 

Just a quick update fault ref F005196495 has been raised for slow speeds at peak times. The current review date is 30/03/2017. 

Please give this thread a bump closer to the date and we will get an update for you. 

All the best

Emma

0 Kudos
MichelleH
Tuning in
Message 7 of 44
Flag for a moderator

My Broadband Ping - My Virgin

Hi Emma,

It would look ok form that end atm because for the last week and a bit it's been fine, but today as you can see it happened twice (so far, fingers crossed).

I would love to do what you have asked for via the Modem mode but as I don't do/have WiFi, it's all wired here.

modem only mode - "Enabling modem mode allows you to connect your own WiFi kit to the Hub 3.0, effectively turning the Hub 3.0 into a stand alone DOCSIS3 cable modem".

0 Kudos
MichelleH
Tuning in
Message 8 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Was not even awake or PC on for the 2am spike.

0 Kudos
MichelleH
Tuning in
Message 9 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Again at a time I was at work so the internet was not being used at home.

0 Kudos
MichelleH
Tuning in
Message 10 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Not on the PC last night but was watching the TV that started to pixelate bad.

0 Kudos