Menu
flickx
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Installed but not activated

Have had a clean install today. Engineers left just before 2pm. told would activate within 2 hours and it hasnt. phoned to be told that there is a delay in activation to do with servers - a queue of sorts. no apology and no real commitment on when it would successfully activate. was told it should be done by the morning but sounded like the guy was just trying to get me off the phone. 

has anyone else experienced this and how long did it take to successfully activate. the impression you get from the instatllation videos etc is that the engineer checks it all works before leaving - or is that not the norm? not very impressed so far. 

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installed but not activated

To be honest I've read another couple of posts today from others that have mentioned delays with activations.  Based on hearing that from several people I would assume that this is actually correct.

I would wait until tomorrow as they have suggested and hope it will have been activated by then.

Normally activations are pretty quick, but if they are having activation issues generally at the moment then this would account for the delay.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
flickx
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

so it did start to work about 6pm but very slow. then much better this am then came home to find that its off again. ie green light and wifi connection but no broadband! frustrated!!!!!

0 Kudos
Wap1985
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have had same problem but mine was QuickStart all set up correctly but no phoneline or broadband. I have to wait two weeks for an engineer but if I'm honest I may cancel as Sky have offered me a good deal to stay and I'm fed up of having been told to wait 2 weeks. 

I reckon they may be having major issues with activations but rather than admit it I feel fobbed off

0 Kudos
flickx
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

i waited 3 week for an installation date. then tons of guys turned up all at once saying they were that busy. got it all in and then is took several hours to activate. worked fine this morning then and then when i got home it had stopped. noone had touched it in that time. but it is now working again after a hub reboot. really odd. i phoned customer services and they told me they would book an engineer after reboot didnt initially work. next avvailable appt is next weds. luckily it did work after maybe 15 minutes. (this is after being told by engineer as he left yesterday that its really clever and will reboot itself so i wont need to do it!)

0 Kudos
flickx
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

still dropping frequently. particularly bad today and also noticed that the numpties who installed the box have drilled a bloody great big hole through a spare (brand new) cupboard door which was sitting next to where theyve drilled to insert cable. raging!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hey flickx,

Thanks for posting and a big welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the problems with your install, it's not the best first impression and I sincerely apologies for that.

I've checked your connection and I can see we have a general network fault in your area right now, but we're hoping to have this resolved by around midday.

As for the damage to your home, I can see this has been filed as a complaint with our partners.

Apologies again for all of this,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos