Menu
Debbiefas
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Installation

Hi

I signed up for virgin broadband in December 2016 and I got installation date for 30th January 2017. I was previously with Sky and cancelled my contract so it ends on the 27th January.

On 29th January I got a text message that I needed to call the installation team because the installation was not going to go ahead. I called the team in order to be told that there was a cable problem and they have no idea when it would be resolved.

"We were looking forward to bringing you our range of superfast fibre optic services. But sadly, when our engineers looked closely at the network near your home, we realized that it may not be possible to do the installation.
We're really sorry about that, please allow us to explain.
While our engineers were preparing to install your services, they identified an issue with the cable that leads from our cabinet to your home. To continue with this work, we're in the process of having this inspected to receive confirmation that we can provide services. We request you to give us some time to revert with an update in regards to this; one of our representatives will be in touch to discuss this once we have ascertained the availability of our services in your property.

Regards,
The Virgin Media Team"

We called in February 2016 and insisted someone looked into it. An engineer was sent over who said there was no problem. We were given an installation date for 29th march.

The installation guy came round and said that the cable has not bring wire to my flat and he could not do the job, it needed 2 men to do it.

We called pre installation team But they could not say why the cable was not wire to the flat and promise someone will come round in 2 days to run the cable and do the installation. 2 days later no one came round and no call from the team. Since then we have being calling twice a day, with no progress, they promise they call is back but no one calls back.

Till now I have no internet, I work from home and am unable to do so. My son cannot study at home.

No one is saying what is going on or escalating it as urgent matter in order to get someone to wire the cable to my flat and provide Internet. What is the next step in this matter. I have complained but no feedback.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation

Hi Debbiefas, 

Welcome to the Forums and thanks for your post. I can only apologise that you've had a less than perfect journey since joining so far. 

It's not very often this happens however when it does happen, we try and get things moving as quickly as we can. 

If work is needed to be done then it could be a few weeks. Even though progress may seem slow to you, at this end there would have been multiple plans put in place. We'll need to create a plan for costs and submit this. After this has been approved, we then need to get the relevant permits from local councils. If these fail, we need to go back to the drawing board and try again.  On top of this there may be issues with Wayleave.

I understand it's frustrating however we're not able to give an exact date on when you'll be installed. We can only offer an estimate time which is 6 - 8 weeks. As work progresses we'll be in a better position to give you an update on this. Feel free to come back to us or speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

Apologies again,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Debbiefas
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you but this has nothing to do with getting permission to install. My neighbour in the flat below mine has virgin media connection, therefore it has nothing to do with getting permission from the local council.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Debbiefas

Many thanks for popping back to us Smiley Happy

The permissions Kath mentioned are not because of the property being able to be cabled but generally to allow works needed for us to cable to the property if the current infrastructure on the carriageway is damaged and needs replaced or rebuilt.

However it looks like you have a new installation date and the teams have spoken to you yesterday to confirm this which is fantastic Smiley Happy

Keep us posted on how this goes!

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos