Menu
dearvenison
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Installation date woes

Hi there!

First time Virgin customer.

I ordered my service a week ago, and picked today (10th March) from the installation dates offered.

Unfortunately, a couple of days ago I got an email telling it'd be the 25th April (almost two months from my order date).

I've phoned the New Order + General customer phone numbers a few times, and on each occasion have been told the delay shouldn't be that long, and been promised a call back by a manager by the end of the next day. Despite chasing twice, I was yet to have any call back!

I have just chased again a few minutes ago, and have now been told there's nothing that can be done to change the date, and that's why a manager didn't bother to call me back.

I'm not sure this bodes well for Virgin Media at all - and if I'm honest I'm really tempted to cancel!

If new customers can't get an engineer round for two months, and the Customer Care team make assurances even to new customers that aren't kept ... what chance do paying customers locked in a contract have when everything goes wrong!

Am I expecting too much? Or should I cancel while I still can?

stuart345
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation date woes

yo might try shopping for another provider, especially if you need to be connected andyou cant wait the extra 6 weeks. If you have no service and they cannot install in timely manner, you have a right to go elsewhere without penalty. VM may see late cancellation and want paid, failing to provide service violates your basic user agreement.
0 Kudos
Volodymyr
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation date woes

Its normal in Virgin. I'm ordered broadband last year and still not connect. And even don't know installation date. So think about this. 

0 Kudos