Menu
Earwiglet
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

In awe of the incompetence

So. The technician came this morning to set us up for the first time around 10am. It is now 17:07. He said there was a nationwide issue and virgin media wasn't working for anyone. He said he couldn't finish setting it up and that virgin media would set it up remotely when they could. So now we are 7 hours later and "there is a problem with the connection. There was a network error (C119). As I write this now, I have been put through 4 different people who have no idea what is going on and now have been holding for just over 48 minutes. Nobody can help me. I can't even talk to someone to tell Virgin Media to cancel everything!!! So. This is our very first day and very first experience with Virgin Media and nothing is working and no one will help me. Tell me what to do. I'm at the end of my tether...
0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: In awe of the incompetence

All new activations have been down since 1100 yesterday nationally, there is no point stressing on the phone, they cannot fix the issue

0 Kudos
Earwiglet
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Final waiting time 1:18:37... To be told there was still a nationwide problem... I really want to cry...
0 Kudos
Earwiglet
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It would have been nice to have been told that 1:13:00 ago....
0 Kudos
Earwiglet
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi.
It's not that it's not working that bothers me. It's that NOBODY has any idea what's going on and there is no one you can call and ask...
You say they cannot fix the issue. Ever? Will we ever be connected? Should we go somewhere else? Who can tell us anything?
Thanks.
deviousiphone
Rising star
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

sometimes with technical faults even the provider can't be sure instantly they usually have to bring in some foreign body to investigate what went wrong then release details, I know you are stressed but you just happened to stumble onto a bad time to activate, I am sure they will have it fixed soon, remember most providers don't work weekends (the kind to fix these issues) so give them a chance, I am sure by monday afternoon they will have everything back on track
0 Kudos
Synthetic
Superfast
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

deviousiphone wrote:
sometimes with technical faults even the provider can't be sure instantly they usually have to bring in some foreign body to investigate what went wrong then release details, I know you are stressed but you just happened to stumble onto a bad time to activate, I am sure they will have it fixed soon, remember most providers don't work weekends (the kind to fix these issues) so give them a chance, I am sure by monday afternoon they will have everything back on track

I would have thought something like not being able to activate any new customers would be a high priority ticket and people would be brought in over the weekend to fix. 

Depending on what the issue is, it might be out of Virgin's hands.

0 Kudos