Menu
olivers
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hub 3.0 'upgrade' is slower

Just received Hub 3.0  [its replacing the original small virgin box and a belkin router] installed it OK but its rubbish - all mobile devices show reduced signal strength around the house with frequent complete loss of signal. is it just me? 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Darkman
Up to speed
Message 11 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Hub 3.0 'upgrade' is slower

Nope, the pull out plastic card and stickers are the default wi-fi password.

You want the 'Settings password:' on the sticker underneath the Hub 3.0.

200Mb BB, 2̶ ̶x̶ ̶1̶T̶B̶ ̶T̶i̶V̶o̶, X̶L̶ ̶T̶V̶, M Phone
0 Kudos

All Replies
Adduxi
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Wireless is notorious for interference and can be difficult to get right.  You could put the Hub 3 into Modem mode and use your old Belkin, but whilst it may improve the wireless as back to before, the Belkin as a hub, would be restricted to 100mb I think. ? The Hub 3 ports are 1gb.

0 Kudos
olivers
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Adduxi and thanks for the reply. I did have a go at putting the hub3 into modem mode, but after inputting the IP address, the system didn't seem to recognise the password for the hub.  spoke to the helpdesk who rebooted something from their end but no improvement in signal strength. Sigh....

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi olivers,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

Sorry to read you are having an issue with the wireless signal.

Have you tried to change the wireless channel to see if that will improve the connection?

When you try to log into the router page, are you entering the Settings Password? If so, and this still doesn't work, try a factory reset to see if that will work.

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
olivers
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for getting back to me.  I have switched the hub off and on again as per the video guide on the website - with no improvement. Also tried resetting the hub with the small button on the rear of the unit, also with no improvement. I tried logging into the router page using the WiFi password which came with the router, but without success. When I spoke to helpdesk they did something on line - would that have changed the password?  Either way WiFi remains slow with frequent dropouts ( previous Belkin router worked fine). 

All help gratefully received

Ian 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hey Ian,

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear your wireless problems are on-going. It's always an option to revert back to your Belkin router if you'd like. All you need to do it put your Hub into Modem Mode and hard-wire the Belkin into the first Ethernet port.

Catch you again soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
olivers
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Heather,

Thanks for your reply. I have attempted to switch the hub to modem mode, but if does not recognise the password for some reason ( I haven't changed it).  Any suggestions?

Many thanks

Ian

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hey Ian,

Thanks for getting back to me Smiley Happy

Please ensure you're entering the Settings Password, if this still doesn't work then I'd recommend performing a factory reset (pin into the reset hole for 30 seconds) as this will revert everything to default.

Hope this helps,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
olivers
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello again,

Ok I've tried the pinhole reset then re-entered  the password, but it's still not recognizing the password. I am assuming that this password is the one provided with the hub?  (The one on the the little plastic card and on the stickers). Or have I got this wrong?

Thanks again

Ian

0 Kudos
aytrixtech
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

the default password for the SHUB 3 is on the back of the router OR on the pull out plastic card at the bottom.

Your WiFi password will also be on this card.  Any issue just ask

Regards

Ronan

I Work for Virgin Media - All Opinions are my own
0 Kudos