Menu
mi1308
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Faulty hub 3.0 ?

Hi, I got some weird issues with our router and I came to conclusion it might be faulty but not really sure about it so I decided to write here and listen to advices from here. We've received our new Hub 3.0 router on 15. January 2017 so its basically new. Our old hub is being used as access point upstairs ( I turned off dhcp and set 192.168.0.2 ) Both stayed operating dual band and everything was fine until 21. February. Around 8-9 PM I started to have slowdowns on both 2.4 (skype using laptop) and 5 GHz (game on playstation)  then I was disconnected completely from internet but I stayed connected to wifi. Then connection came up down up down several times when I lost my patience after hour and reboot our router. Laptop on 2.4 Ghz connected with slowdowns but worked. But 5 Ghz wasn't working at all on any device I tried. I mean I could connect to wifi but it wont allow me to access internet. I could load webpage like once in 5 minutes. After few hours of changing channels and testing everything we got in our house also reseting both routers and setting them up again I came to solution that I had to turn it off (5Ghz) because otherwise I got issues with connection on some devices even on 2.4 and also connecting to internet via our old hub 2.0 which is upstairs and shouldnt have anything to do with it. Its really weird and I never witnessed something like this but on other hand on cable everything is perfect. Is it possible router overheat itself? Just to mention there are 6 phones, 2 chromecasts, playstation, two laptops and one stationary PC so its rather important to have good wifi around. Sorry for long post I couldn't explain it differently. What do you think about it?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Faulty hub 3.0 ?

Hi mi1308, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see that you have been having trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and it seems there is some trouble with slow speeds in your area during peak hours. 

I have popped the details across to networks to investigate further. 

I will let you know as soon as I know more. 

Do you find 5Ghz works ok outside of peak hours? 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Faulty hub 3.0 ?

Hi mi1308, 

Just a quick update networks have raised fault ref F005128110, for slow speeds at peak times. As the fault has only just been raised I do not yet have a review date.

I will pop you a PM to discuss this further. Keep an eye out for the Purple Envelope, top right hand corner. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos