Menu
leighw20
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Faulty Superhub, needs replacing.........

SH kept rebooting on Sunday, approx every 5 mins, this stabilised a bit towards the tail end of Sun, however this evening it got worse again.  Tried a pin hole reset on Sunday, restored my backed up configuration in order to see if this helped, all this did was stop my wireless devices from connecting for a couple of hours, this eventually righted itself and I could get my wireless devices attached again....... I did nothing, it just started accepting connections again.

Back to Mon night and frequent reboots started happening again....... Including 3 blue lights and a short period of reboot after reboot after reboot with 3 blue lights on the SH, only this time at some point during one of the reboots it reset itself back to Factory defaults, losing all my config.........  Due to issues on Sun, I had a backup, but SH was not sating up long enough to apply my backed  config file......

Apparently. Help desk can not simply send me a new SH, an engineer needs to be sent out...... So I am going to have to wait until Saturday for an engineer to visit..........  Come on  VM, can't someone just send me a new SH, so that I can see if that resolves the issues that I am facing....... 

Else I am going to basically have another 4 days of an unusable service.
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Faulty Superhub, needs replacing.........

well a Yodel parcel would not be any faster than an engineer ?

surely i'ts better to have a mancome &  install a known good one & stick around until it connects +check your connections to street cabinet at the same time

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

well a Yodel parcel would not be any faster than an engineer ?

surely i'ts better to have a man come & install a known good one & stick around until it connects +check your connections to street cabinet at the same time

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

you have diagnosed the hub is faulty - it may not be - the problem could be the input or other things hence the need for a tech to sort that - assuming it is a fault changing the hub would do nothing and you would be no further forward - so a tech visit should resolve the problem whatever it is 

Tony
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

4+ days to get an engineer out, if that is down to VM & not to customer begin unavailable on week days , is poor service though. whatever happened to remote diagnostics ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks for letting us know about this leighw20,

I am very sorry to hear about the fault experienced.

I can see that a hub replacement was arranged for you.

I've had a look at the equipment levels and I am unable to detect any issues there. The network segment indicates that the demand for our service is higher than normal but not high enough at present to cause concern.

Please let us know if you continue to experience connection problems.

Take care,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos