Menu
DWSoton
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Facetime and Superhub 2 Issues

Does anyone else have any issues with the Superhub 2 losing all wifi signal when using Facetime? About 5 mins into each Factime call, wifi disconnects and the only way to get it back is to reset the hub. All wired connections remain active.

I've looked at the status logs and it appears that I always get T4 errors around the time of the disconnect. Is this linked or just coincidence?

I only experience the disconnect issues when using Facetime - We have several tablets, phones and laptops connected wirelessly and a SonosBridge, an EE signal booster and a powerline network connected via Ethernet with no issues whatsoever.

First and only (so far) problem with the Superhub, but it's really annoying...

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Facetime and Superhub 2 Issues

Odd, a T4 error indicates a connection drop to VM's servers and should take out all devices connected to the hub, regardless of a wired or wireless connection. Wireless connections cannot cause a T4 error.

Posting the Hub's power levels and network logs in full might shed a bit more light.

Are you using the 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz wireless network when you lose your Facetime connection?

0 Kudos
DWSoton
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

My error, just got home and checked and the log is showing T3 errors.

The issue happens  on both 2.4ghz and 5ghz networks and makes no difference whether it's through an iPad or iPhone. 

Will post screenshots of power levels and logs when I can (not easy to do on an ipad...)

0 Kudos
DWSoton
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Ok, so here's the network log and the Upstream and Downstream logs.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi DWSoton,

Thanks for posting, looks like your connection problems could be down to SuperHub power level issues as the upstream is too high and downstream too low by the looks of things.

We'll need to arrange for an engineer visit to get these checked and adjusted, I'll drop you a Private Message so we can get this booked in.

Cheers

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
DWSoton
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ralph. Love the great customer service!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Your very welcome,

Checks your PM's for details of the engineer appointment, any problems with this just let us know.

Cheers

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
DoctorStevil
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hello, did this issue get fixed for you?  I have exactly the same frustrating issue and when I called support they thought is was an issue with my super hub, but didn't fix anything.  All FaceTime calls break off after a couple of minutes, and the wifi signal is lost for all devices even though the lights on the front say otherwise.  So annoying.

if this was fixed, I' drove to know how......

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi DoctorStevil

Welcome to the community

Sorry to hear that when you use FaceTime it will disconnect.

When I checked your account I could see that the upstream power levels were high, which could be causing this issue. For this I would like to book an engineer for you. I have sent you a PM (red envelope icon, left corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
SteveC999
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I have the same issue as other users here - FaceTime connection drops on wifi, it's fine as soon as I turn off wifi and resort to 4G. Please can I get some help? 

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos