Menu
covtest
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Experts explain this please!

I left VM coming up to 2 years ago now because of a high utilisation fault as they call it.

A friend who lives 4 doors away remained with VM and lately I've been monitoring his connection with a TBB graph.

Because his graph looks good and staff here informed me the utilisation fault was fixed I decided to give VM another try with the recent offer from them.

We are both on VIVID100 and both using modem mode and we are both connected to the same cab, he has the original Super Hub and I have the Super Hub 3 and to me this seems to be the only difference.

Levels on both good and are within spec so can someone please explain the difference in our graphs ?

Is the difference purely down to the difference between the 2 Super Hubs and if so is possible for me to change to the original hub ?

Would welcome your comments please.

Thanks for looking.

Friends graphFriends graphMy graphMy graph

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Experts explain this please!

you will not get a SH1 - you might get a 2ac - talk to retentions and see if they can do anything but keep your eye on the 14 day clock

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thats a pretty typical HUB 3 BQM...

I assume you have a HUB3 and your friend doesnt?  Okay I reread your OP

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Hub-3-Compal-CH7465-LG-TG2492LG-amp-CGNV4-Latency...

0 Kudos
covtest
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yes thanks,  just came across that thread as you posted.

Very interesting read, I'm still well within my cancellation period so unless VM are willing to change my hub for V2.0 that's exactly what I'll be doing.

Can't believe they're still having problems with their hubs.

0 Kudos
spell
Well-informed
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Not a problem for VM and easily sorted. They will just drag it out until you are outside your cancellation period.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

you will not get a SH1 - you might get a 2ac - talk to retentions and see if they can do anything but keep your eye on the 14 day clock

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - you are thinking of leaving us - dont worry about that they do much more - open 'till 8pm - 6pm on saturdays - closed sunday and the plus is its a UK call centre

Tony
0 Kudos
covtest
Tuning in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tony, that's exactly what I intend to do.

I'm assuming the 14 day clock starts from the date of activation rather than order date ?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

it does - dont wait for staff here - they may or may not be able to help but its taking them a week to get to threads - if retentions cannot help then i would suggest no one can

Tony
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I would push for a SH2AC which will give you AC wireless comparable to the Hub 3

covtest
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Well, VM are not prepared to change my hub 3 for a hub 2 so I've cancelled.

I left last time because of broadband problems so I'm certainly not going to rejoin for more broadband problems with the hub 3.

They did say they can't send a confirmation email for the cancellation, is this correct ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@covtest What was the exact reason they refused to do the switch? I'm curious to know.

You would get a cancellation email after your account's disconnection happens 30 days from now, but not before then.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos