cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable down - no service

Shaun841
Joining in

I'm hoping this is the right place to report this but the cable servicing multiple houses on my road was severed in bad weather. The installation was from a telephone pole and we have a dangling wire and multiple houses completely disconnected.

I reported the issue on Monday, on Tuesday an engineer visited but said that as it was a network issue he couldn't fix it and he would report it to the relevant team to be repaired in 24 hours. No repairs carried out today and a neighbour who has spoken to someone on the phone was informed no one was scheduled.

They were told someone would come Tomorrow (13th) but since anyone I've spoken to has repeatedly tried to send someone who can only check connections to the house I'm not optimistic.

Could a mod please confirm if a repair team is due as this is now the third day already with no internet, TV or phone.

M24 1WA, Ivy Drive. The pole is between 7 and 9

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Shaun841
Joining in

Quick update as I've come home and the repair work seems to have been completed. Nit sure if it was this post, asking to speak to a manager when I've called the 0345 number after getting nowhere with the first people to answer or calling the 0330 333 0444 number but something has worked. 

And just to add as well, while the the product is great when it works the whole experience of dealing with Virgin is a nightmare. When something goes wrong being able to talk to someone who understands the problem and has the ability to get in touch with the right people to fix it is almost impossible. The call centre staff can only read off their script, when I tell them I can see the problem, that it's on the street and that a cable is severed all the can do is offer to send someone to my house to check the equipment and internal wiring. And then try to sell me a £20 a month support package on top. 

Other times it can feel like being trapped in an endless loop that goes nowhere because help will be promised and when it fails to appear or actually do anything it's back to the start again. 

But of a moan really but it probably won't be a shock to anyone reading that this isn't my first experience dealing with support. Hopefully within the next year Openreach will have completed their fiber roll out because I'm looking forward to switching companies 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Shaun841
Joining in

Quick update as I've come home and the repair work seems to have been completed. Nit sure if it was this post, asking to speak to a manager when I've called the 0345 number after getting nowhere with the first people to answer or calling the 0330 333 0444 number but something has worked. 

And just to add as well, while the the product is great when it works the whole experience of dealing with Virgin is a nightmare. When something goes wrong being able to talk to someone who understands the problem and has the ability to get in touch with the right people to fix it is almost impossible. The call centre staff can only read off their script, when I tell them I can see the problem, that it's on the street and that a cable is severed all the can do is offer to send someone to my house to check the equipment and internal wiring. And then try to sell me a £20 a month support package on top. 

Other times it can feel like being trapped in an endless loop that goes nowhere because help will be promised and when it fails to appear or actually do anything it's back to the start again. 

But of a moan really but it probably won't be a shock to anyone reading that this isn't my first experience dealing with support. Hopefully within the next year Openreach will have completed their fiber roll out because I'm looking forward to switching companies