Menu
BigFloppy
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

2 x Superhub 3.0 questions

Hi All,

Just had an engineer visit to upgrade my two TiVo boxes to the new V6's. In doing so they had to upgrade my superhub 2.0 to 3.0.

I was using my superhub 2 in modem mode with an asus router which was great.

2 Questions:

1. I can't seem to get into my superhub 3 modem mode page.... when I click it it just sits there saying "this page is loading, please wait for a moment". I have tried powering off and on, still the same... Any ideas?

2. The engineer did not swap the power supply when changing over my superhub (probably my fault as I asked was there any need) and I have just noticed there is a big sticker saying the power supply I had is "ONLY to be used with super hub 2 and 2ac VMDG485 & VMDG490". Do I need to request a new power supply?

Thanks in advance! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: 2 x Superhub 3.0 questions

BigFloppy wrote:

1. I can't seem to get into my superhub 3 modem mode page.... when I click it it just sits there saying "this page is loading, please wait for a moment". I have tried powering off and on, still the same... Any ideas?

Have you tried a pinhole reset ?

BigFloppy wrote:

2. The engineer did not swap the power supply when changing over my superhub (probably my fault as I asked was there any need) and I have just noticed there is a big sticker saying the power supply I had is "ONLY to be used with super hub 2 and 2ac VMDG485 & VMDG490". Do I need to request a new power supply?

It should work fine with a Hub3... I think mine is still using a Hub 3s power supply and the sticker would have been put there before the Hub3 existed.. however I do stand to be corrected.

BigFloppy
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey,

Thanks for reply. I managed to get the page to load with a few refreshes while it was showing the loading message.

I hope the power supply is right. I read on the VM site that if not the correct one it can sometimes cause intermittent problems and connection issues...... Anyone else? Should I just ask VM to send me correct one?

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Power supplies can be funny things. It is probably best to request the correct one just to make sure.
-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

power supply on 2ac and 3 is same rating so it will work - that said its best to have the correct one so give them a ring or wait here for VM to pick up the thread

Tony
BigFloppy
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks backtothefuture & -tony- ,

I will get in contact with VM.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi BigFloppy,

If you've not already had this issue addressed by calling in I shall be happy to order a new PSU for your Hub 3.

Firstly though I shall need to locate your Hub details. Please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) and I'll sort this out.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

BigFloppy
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jen,

I still have not received the replacement PSU Smiley Sad

Please can you have a look into it? I sent you a PM also with the address it should have been going to.

I also think that the PSU was not changed for the new TIVO V6 boxes. One of them I keep having issues with and having to turn it off and back on and then sometimes it doesn't seem to be getting power, so I have to turn off and back on again. Can you confirm what modem PSU should be for the TIVO V6 Boxes?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi BigFloppy,

I am so sorry that you never received the PSU. I don't know what happened as the order is still showing correctly on your account. 

I have decided to order a whole new Hub for you which will include a new PSU.

Here are the details:

• The new Hub should arrive within the next few days.
  • The courier, Yodel, will leave contact details should re-delivery arrangements be needed.
  • A text will be sent (to the mobile number we have listed for you) the day prior to delivery advising of an ETA.
  • Full setup and activation instructions will be included.

The PSU for your V6 box should be: AC: 220-240V / DC: 12V 2.5A

I honestly don't know if those can be ordered separately. Please connect it directly to a wall mounted socket - no extension cables or extension sockets or double plug adaptors.

If that doesn't help I could arrange an engineer visit for you.

Keep me updated Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos