Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4 (69 Views)

12months of poor and failing broadband

12 months of poor service, multiple engineer visits to try and resolve the problem and endless hours speaking with the off shore call centre.

Still not resolved and I don't understand why.

It all went wrong with 'Superhub' 3. Now we get slower service, which stops without warning.

Flashing red/green lights.

We have had a new cable pulled from the cabinet ( although the team managed to fail to connect it )

We have had connectors changed.

The position on the cabinet board has been shifted.

Signal "tweaked" ( whatever that means )

Reset superhub ( initial and replacement unit ) when asked and on multiple occasions.

Have tried issuing in standard and modem mode.

Does anyone have any ideas what else to try? The prospect of spending ANOTHER 40mins - 1hr on the phone to be told 'an engineer will be with you in 7 days ' , booking my last available holiday day to be here for that etc.... Is not appealing

Meanwhile VM continue to take my money whilst I get what (?) - frustrated.

FTTP with Zen is looking might appealing right now for only +£3 more pcm.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4 (40 Views)

Re: 12months of poor and failing broadband

I'm sorry to hear about this Frustrated132,

I've located your details and I can see that you've since spoken with the team regarding this.

I'm unable to detect any active faults either via the equipment levels or network segment at the moment.

Let me know if you're still having trouble with your connection,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 4 (33 Views)

An engineer ( again ) came on Saturday and replaced the SH3 ( again ) .

He experienced the same issues of non connection.

The issue was reported up stream to something like HQ / guru ?? After a service doctor was also baffled by the symptoms experienced.

A forest of vans appeared outside the house yesterday and worked in the nearby cabinet.

Since then, connection has been ok but regrettably the months of frustration weigh heavy.

After years ( I am talking since NTL days ) we have made the decision to look to another provider as our confidence had been shot.

The disconnect between the call centre on the otherwise of the world and the engineering team is definitely more than just geographic as I don't understand why ( if the problem has been solved... and time will tell ) the issue could not have been resolved months ago???

Instead, feel disappointed that we have been paying for services ( VM and other services dependant on internet access ) over an extended period without being able to reliably benefit from them.

It only feels like once 'crisis point ' is reached has there been anything approaching adequate response.

We will see how things go through the remainder of the month.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4 (9 Views)

Hi there Frustrated132,

Thanks for updating the thread.

I've checked things over again for you and there are still some visible timeouts present via the equipment levels.

Let me know if you continue to experience any connection trouble,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos