Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Making Waves
joey1776

Virgin Media Phone Support Centre

Firstly let me say thank you to VM for getting me back online. However, I must say that speaking to people with such heavy accents is extremely frustrating. Next time I call VM support I will refuse to speak to anyone whose accent is so thick it makes accomplishing anything nigh impossible. I have nothing against foreigners or people who speak English as a second language, but in this limited context- i.e voice only over the phone help where body language cannot help comprehension- then I must insist on speaking to someone with a clear, easy to understand method of speech.

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
shauneeb

Re: Virgin Media Phone Support Centre

The automated message options are a joke,there's no option to "speak to a rep",instead you have to sift through options which most of the time DON'T even cover the problem etc while phoning from a p.a.y.g. mobile phone this WASTES credit,then when you do get through you CANNOT UNDERSTAND their accents with their very poor spoken English.

I agree with joey1776

Is there a direct number that can be phoned in the U.K. please,i'm sick and tired of poor quality call centres abroad that also disconnect you for no reason as well.

When are they going to sort something out TBH ?

Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
Martin2012

I hate needing to use the phone anway, why VM don't have a working contact form, or better, an email based support ticket system, is beyond me.

I consider myself reasonably capable at understanding foreign accents.

I usually say (slowly and precisely), "I'm sorry I can not understand your accent, could you connect me with a supervisor who speaks more clearly?".

Sometimes they just hang-up, sometimes I repeat that to the next unintelligible person, most times I get a good result.

"Your Mileage May Vary", Good Luck!

On one (very rare!) occasion I did get to speak to one of the bods down in South Wales, it was a PURE JOY to speak to somebody who actually KNEW what he was TALKING ABOUT! (but that may be for another topic/thread).

Not VM staff. Just another Manic Depressive sufferer and VM customer ;-)
Please use plain text.
Superuser
Sephiroth

VM display little evidence of being service oriented. The bottom line and jealous price watching because of BT, drives this ridiculous offshore situation.
Seph - (My advice is at your risk)

Please use plain text.
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
lorgiveaduck

They have categorically stated that they can never see a time without offshore support, this is and only can be down to cost as so many companies have no brought back their call centres to the UK after listening to their customers, this company fails in this respect.

The best advice is always to ring 150 and choose the thinking of leaving us option and insist on being put through to a UK agent or you will cancel your package and get them to add the reason to your notes.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
Sephiroth

You're absolutely right.

But I bet it works something like this. The CEO's office or somewhere up there look at the net customer loss rate. As soon as it goes the wrong way, they ctegorise the causes of customer loss (by reference to the notes).

If customer service doesn't head the list, they'll do nothing about it unless it's edging upward significantly. Not that they're doing much about that wretched Super Hub.
Seph - (My advice is at your risk)

Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
joinerjohn

Martin2012 wrote:

I hate needing to use the phone anway, why VM don't have a working contact form, or better, an email based support ticket system, is beyond me.

An email based support system would be absolutely no use whatsoever if it's your broadband service that's gone down. The phone system seems to work quite well, but I must admit, I often struggle to understand the people on the other end of the phoneline. 

Please use plain text.