Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
DuFitt

Problems getting Kindle books via USB download

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum. Please move to correct one if required.:manembarrassed:

I am having problems with Amazon UK and being able to download to my desktop any books (to later transfer via USB to my Kindle).

When I click to download a book, I get a page that either says this:

"This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
      <error><message>Internal Error</message></error>"

or this:

"The page isn't redirecting properly
      Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete."

I cleared all cookies and disabled firewall etc. Infact, I've carried out all the recommendations from Amazon Kindle support. Kindle support are now saying it must be a problem with the security settings on my service providers side blocking the redirect to the Amazon server, i.e. Virgin. The Kindle books server seems to be in the Netherlands, if that has anything to do with it ?

Anybody had this problem or is it a known problem. I've tried on 2 different PC's (Windows 7 and XP) and 2 laptops (one laptop in a friends house, also with Virgin) all with same result.

Up until about 3 weeks ago I could download books with no problems.

All other software/downloads (non Amazon) are ok.

Appreciate any reply on this.

Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Jen_A

Re: Problems getting Kindle books via USB download

Hi DuFitt,

The error you are getting is normally browser based. Your browser has no stylesheet so has not been instructed on how to display the XML file.

You should be able to get stylesheet add-ons for your browser.

Just type "stylesheet add-on (or extension) for "your browser" into google search engine to get the information you need to resolve this.

Jen_A
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Cat2012

I am experiencing exactly the same problems downloading from amazon by usb. I too had no problem previously and use virgin broadband. Can I ask if the suggested stylesheet fix worked and if it did would you mind explaining what to do in layman's terms?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
Peter_Li

Hello DuFitt,

Have you been able to resolve the Issue and if so would you please let us know how you resolved it?

Peter L
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?

Please use plain text.