Fresh as a Daisy
Petehulks

Broadband keeps dropping out

My customers broadband connection is erratic. It just keeps dropping out. Virgin say that it is the PC but when it is connected to my network at home it is fine and never drops out.

My customer has a laptop which connects fine and does not drop out.

This is very wierd but I am convinced it is not the PC as it is fine at my house. Any suggestions? 

Please use plain text.
The Troubleshooter
Jason_G

Re: Broadband keeps dropping out

Hi petehulks,

I don't have enough information to be able to check the relevant part of the network, nor to check the customer's modem. If they were to post on here then I could track down where on the network they are and run the relevant checks?

Kind Regards,

Jason G.
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
evilgrin78

I have the same problem in the Poole area. For the last 3/4 days the connection suddenly drops. The sync light starts flashing madly and the ready light also flashes. It normally sorts itself out, but I'm fed up of losing connection for an hour or two each evening.
Please use plain text.
Padawan
Lin1

I've been losing connection for the past month now. Had an engineer visit who told me it was my PC that was the problem! I informed him that a neighbour had been told there was an intermittent connection problem in the area by CS.

He told me HE was the engineer and not me and knew what he was talking about. I stood my ground and he eventually phoned someone only to be told there was indeed a fault in the area!

Today has been really bad for losing connection. I have screenshots from the Status page each time there is an outage and would like to ask who I should contact to ask for a reduction in my next bill. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Usually Always Right
Steve_Brett

Hi evilgrin78

As your last visit to the board was from a non Virgin Media IP address, and your forum mail address does not link back to a Virgin Media account, I am unable to locate your account details. I have sent you a private message and will be happy to look into this for you once a reply has been received.

Kind Regards,

Steve Brett

Please use plain text.
Usually Always Right
Steve_Brett

Hi lin1

Your connection has been impacted over the past couple of days by upgrade work under reference F002011293. This would have caused some periods of lost connection.

This work is now completed.

If you are still experiencing connection drops, then please post the power levels from the modem internals, and advise when the connection drops, which lights go out on the modem.

Regarding a reduction in your next bill, you would need to contact our customer services team on 150 from a Virgin Media line. The Forum Team cannot deal with any billing issues.

Kind Regards,

Steve Brett

Please use plain text.
Padawan
Lin1

[ Edited ]

Hi Steve,

Many thanks for the reply.

It's been happening for a month now, not two days, but there has probably been a couple of issues causing the problem. Although all has been fine today, if I have any more problems I will post power levels.

Many thanks again.

Kind regards

Lin.

Please use plain text.
Padawan
Lin1

Lost connection twice again so far this morning. On the service status it's showing as a fault with the reference F002015191.

Estimated fix time - 7pm today. So fingers crossed.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Petehulks

Hi Jason G

If you send me a private message I can send you my customers phone number. Hopefully from that you can check the line/superhub etc.

Cheers,

Pete

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
vivalapa

Reported on: Fri 25 May 2012, 06:31 PM
Estimated fix time: Sun 27 May 2012, 11:00 PM
Fault reference: F002015191

We haven't had a proper service for some time now - certainly long before this was supposedly reported.  Yesterday was very bad - I couldn't connect to more than one website at a time on my laptop using wifi, my desk top comuter ditto, both mine and my husband's Virgin mobile reported 'No service available'.

My business is dependent on using the internet - basically I haven't been able to work properly now for at least the last three days. 

BB4 area.

Virgin customer service appalling.  They have now compunction about blaming anyone except themselves and  I have been lied to by them on one than more occasion and also been roundly told off by one of their engineers.  I'm finding as many forums as I can to post this on.

Please use plain text.