Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 8 (65 Views)

cant connect a laptop wirelessly

Just set op broadband tonight. One laptop connected easily to the net as it identified the wifi network and i entered the password.

But, my daughters laptop will not show the VM network as available so we cant connect it??

We can connect her laptop to the net via an ethernet cable, but no wifi available?

Any ideas why?

Cheers for any feedback

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 8 (63 Views)

Re: cant connect a laptop wirelessly

Does your daughter's laptop show any wireless networks? - Did it work without issues with your previous provider ?

There is a chance it could be an issue with the laptop, although there are possibilities it could be a configuration issue regarding 2.4Ghz/5Ghz settings on your router.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 8 (58 Views)

Yes, the laptop is showing many wireless networks. But NOT Virgin Media one we have.

And yes, it worked fine with Talk Talk our previous provider

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8 (56 Views)

I would recommending logging into your Superhub interface (http://192.168.0.1) and check to see if it shows both 2.4 and 5Ghz) listed in green alongside the wireless status.

If it doesn't you would need to go into Advanced Settings > Wireless and ensure the option 'Enable 2.4 Ghz' is selected.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 8 (54 Views)

Spoiler

Just checked, the option 'Enable 2.4 Ghz' is selected.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8 (52 Views)

I should have asked at the same time, but I assume 5 Ghz option is also selected ?

-

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 8 (50 Views)

yes it is

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8 (16 Views)

Hello lisalane,

Thanks for posting on the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about your laptop troubles. May I ask what version of Windows you're using please? I know you mentioned another laptop, but are all other devices connecting and working well?

Please get back to us so we can assist further.

Catch you again soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos