Menu
Hypercubed
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yet more SuperHub 3 issues with Apple kit

I've just upgraded my Superhub2 to the new Superhub3. I have an Apple Airport Extreme with a number of Airport Express devices. I happily had the Airport Extreme connected to the SuperHub 2 with the Airport Express devices increasing the WiFi range with no issues at all. As soon as I 'upgraded' to the SuperHub 3 all hell broke lose. This configuration simply does not work at all. The Airport Extreme will successfully connect to the SuperHub 3 for a short time, then start complaining that there's no DNS Servers and/or no internet connection. I've reset all the devices numerous times to no avail which has wasted loads of my time plus time spent talking with customer support. I only got it working by reverting to the SuperHub 2 which after many phone calls Virgin finally admitted there are issues with Apple gear. As it's under 14 days will Virgin refund me for the new Hub as I can't actually use it? Also when will this issue fixed and why didn't Virgin mention these issues when I enquired about it?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Yet more SuperHub 3 issues with Apple kit

Hello Hypercubed,

Thanks for posting, welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the problems you're having since upgrading to a Hub 3. I'd like to look into this with you and discuss the options of maybe reverting back to a Superhub 2 ect.

I'll drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right) so we can keep in touch.

Speak with you very soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Hypercubed
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I already reverted back to the SuperHub 2ac. Will there be any firmware updates to address this issue in the future?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey Hypercubed,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

Has this resolved the problems you were having?

We do have plans for firmware updates, no roll out date has been released yet as far as I'm aware.

Thanks again for keeping me in the loop.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Tudor
Well-informed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I Presume you are using the AirPort Extreme in Bridge Mode. One option is to put the AirPort Extreme into Router Mode, but unfortunately you would then have to put the Hub3 into Modem Mode and would lose its wireless. I have Hub3 modem mode, AirPort Extreme router mode and another AirPort Extreme in bridge mode. Everything works fine.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
0 Kudos
Hypercubed
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I tried using the Modem mode on the SuperHub 3 and it didn't seem to work for me at all. When you connected the Airport Extreme to the SuperHub 3 what was your Airport Extreme Router Mode setting in the Network options? Did you select DHCP Only or DCHP and NAT?

0 Kudos