Menu
StevenR
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

WiFi Connection Issues

Occasionally I have had issues where some devices have issues connecting to the WiFi and the SuperHub 2 needed rebooting to resolve it. These have become a lot more frequent lately (possibly since connecting two Amazon Echo Dots to the network) sometimes happening several times a day.

I recently noticed that when this happens, any iOS devices (iPhone or iPad) connected to the WiFi show "Security Recommendation" and indicate that the security mode of the WiFi is WEP, although the mode is set to "WPA2-PSK[AES]" on both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks.

I understand from checking other threads on here that this is a known issue with some SuperHub 2 devices and that a replacement may be needed to resolve this.

0 Kudos
StevenR
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi Connection Issues

I've had to restart the SH2 again today due to this issue. Is there any way to get this resolved?
0 Kudos
Steve_M
Dialled in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I experience the same problems with my Superhub 2.  I am considering buying a wireless router and putting the Superhub in modem mode as I have been advised on this forum that the Superhub 3 has problems of its own which affect the speed and usability of the broadband.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi StevenR, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and things seem to be ok from this side. So we can get things sorted please advised of the following:

Let us know how you get on. 

All the best. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
StevenR
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It still happens without the Echo Dots connected and the wired connection is fine. However, this doesn't help the fact that my Superhub 2 randomly broadcasts its WiFi as WEP security instead of WPA2 which is what is configured to use. This is a potential security risk, as it makes the WiFi easier to hack. Judging from other threads about this (such as this one), this is a known issue with some Superhub 2s and would require a replacement to fix.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi StevenR,

Sorry that this issue persists.

I have ordered a replacement Hub for you. It should be a newer model, though that does depend on local stock availability. If you receive a 'like for like' model and it displays the same or similar behaviour,  please let us know and we'll see if we can send out a different one for you.

• The new Hub should arrive within the next few days.
  • The courier, Yodel, will leave contact details should re-delivery arrangements be needed.
  • A text will be sent (to the mobile number we have listed for you) the day prior to delivery advising of an ETA.
  • Full setup and activation instructions will be included.

Keep us updated on how you get on Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos