Menu
Bungomaxo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Vivid is rubbish

Hi

I have had many issues with broadband speed in the past & thought they were resolved with the last engineer visit. However since I have been home this week the performance of vivid has been terrible

I fully understand that there is no way you can offer 200mb as no house will get this however at the moment I am getting 0.02mb and no I'm not joking I mean I can understand fluctuations but to go from 110mb to less than half an mb is terrible. It seems to be either ok or terrible

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vivid is rubbish

most people get 200mb. Only some area have capacity problems.

Can you post the modem stats from the superhub?
0 Kudos
pyrotenax
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Bungomaxo wrote:
Hi

I have had many issues with broadband speed in the past & thought they were resolved with the last engineer visit. However since I have been home this week the performance of vivid has been terrible

I fully understand that there is no way you can offer 200mb as no house will get this however at the moment I am getting 0.02mb and no I'm not joking I mean I can understand fluctuations but to go from 110mb to less than half an mb is terrible. It seems to be either ok or terrible

My account is 107357102

Im sure someone from VM staff will come along and chirp in about router stats , over-utilisation , fault codes , review dates etc.

Sadly in many areas the infrastructure that is in place for VM is woefully inadequate.

There are areas though , where people do indeed get great speeds.

Running ASUS RT-AC88U with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware
0 Kudos
Bungomaxo
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Nice for you, fancy lending me some mb ha ha
0 Kudos
pyrotenax
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Bungomaxo wrote:
Nice for you, fancy lending me some mb ha ha

Sure ... you can use it all , when im at work Smiley Happy

Running ASUS RT-AC88U with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Bungomaxo

I am sorry you are having problems with slow speeds, I must admit like pyrotenax I initially thought this may be down to area traffic however that is looking quite good. At the moment your hub upstream SNR and power levels are out of spec while area SNR is looking good so best we get another engineer back please. I will send you a forum private message to arrange it.

By the way sorry if I missed it but are you measuring speed over wireless? We would always recommend a wired connection using www.speedtest.net leaving the default server.

Thanks, speak soon

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Bungomaxo
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nicola

so I have to book an engineer out every other month now. It's strange because I never had any problems until I switched to vivid 200mb (that was 3 years with no issues) 

Regards

john 

0 Kudos