Menu
Si7gts
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Superhub flickering blue lights no internet

Hi, my broadband stopped working today, the superhub has 3 blue lights which are varying brightnesses and flicker. Nothing seems to change that and no internet wired or wifi. Called support and nothing will happen for a week. Could this be as simple as a broken router which could be replaced simply?

thanks

0 Kudos
Si7gts
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub flickering blue lights no internet

Thinking more about this now and getting worried as it so close to Christmas, I'm convinced this is simply a failed superhub, no problems in the area, no problems with TV etc. Is it unreasonable to think virgin could have simply sent me a new superhub to plug in and try? Saves everyone a lot of hassle surely?

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It's Chrimbo and possibly not much will happen.

Maybe if you switched the hub to modem mode and see if that works (plug Ethernet into the bottom port). If it works, then doshing out for your own WiFi router will keep you going over Chrimbo and, of course afterwards.

I know it's distasteful to have to shell out money, but if iot's that important and modem mode works ....

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
Si7gts
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the idea, unfortunately can't make a wired or wifi connection, the modem is dead except for glimmering blue lights. Not sure why VM wouldn't recognise that immediately as the problem. 

Cheers

0 Kudos
Sam-T
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Si7gts if this is the original super hub 1. With only 3 LEDs. This is an indication of hardware failure as the modem is not completing powerup. Quickest method for replacement would be to get on the phone to speak with someone.

0 Kudos
Si7gts
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Sam, just what I was thinking, shame VM can't be as on the ball!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Si7gts, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your Hub. 

Looking at the connection currently I can see that there have been a number of T3 timeouts but I cannot see the timescale they have occurred in, please reboot the hub from the mains and let us know when you have done so so we can monitor this for you. 

How have things been since you posted last? 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Si7gts
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for responding Emma. An engineer came and replaced the superhub and all is well, I wonder if that could have been dealt with without an engineers visit which would have been simpler and less effort. Thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting us know about this Si7gts,

I'm glad to hear that things have improved.

Please feel free to let us know if there is anything more that we can help with.

Take care,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos