Menu
dylangmurphy
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 2 requires constant hard reboot

Hi, I'm having really annoying and persistent issues with my super hub 2.0.

Essentially every 24-48hours the connection (wifi and wired) drops inexplicably. the 2G wifi still appears to be there but can't connect to it, the 5G wifi disappears and the wired connections don't work.

To fix this, I can do a restart of the router - this doesn't always work, and when it does it only buys another 2-4 hours.

Alternatively I can do a hard factory reset on the router (by logging into it). This always works, and typically buys me another 24-48 hours of wifi.

I've tried moving the router and changing the channels, there's good availability in my house on channel 11 (2G) and 38 (5G). In any case I don't think it's a wifi signal issue as proximity to wifi makes no difference and when it's working, it works great. when it's not working, I can't connect to 2G/wired and can't even see the 5G.

I attach some log files as have seen that that helped detect the issue for some other posters.

Please help, this is really frustrating!

WhatsApp Image 2017-03-15 at 12.54.20.jpeg

Thanks

WhatsApp Image 2017-03-15 at 12.54.26.jpeg

Dylan

WhatsApp Image 2017-03-15 at 12.54.29.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2017-03-15 at 12.54.29.jpegWhatsApp Image 2017-03-15 at 12.54.30.jpegWhatsApp Image 2017-03-15 at 12.54.32.jpeg

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Image removed (Contains IP address), please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 2 requires constant hard reboot

As no one else has replied I thought I would just reply back to say that you have obviously tested this many times and it is clear that the router itself is likely to be the cause of this issue.

Unfortunately it would probably require an engineer visit (or at a minimum a device replacement).  You may wish to give Virgin Media a call or chat with someone on Live Chat to get this arranged.  Virgin Media staff do respond to messages in this public forum but often take a week or so to reply, so this wouldn't be the quickest way to get a resolution.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
Lewlew
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How do you do live chat?  Cheers, Lew

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you click the appropriate topic on this link it should give you the option of phone or chat.

http://www.virginmedia.com/contact-us.html

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi dylangmurphy,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with the network in your area affecting speeds at peak times, though this wouldn't cause the signal to drop off as you've described.

I've run diagnostics on your equipment and I can see an issue with your Upstream Power levels that's likely causing the issue. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange for a technician to adjust your levels and check out your Superhub 2.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos