Menu
Alesi1989
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Superhub 2 VMDG485 Incorrect Password Again and again...

I have a VMDG485 SuperHub2.

I know I am using the correct password, yet regularly my wireless equipment is telling me I have the 'incorrect password'.

I even stand next to the router and type it in letter by letter.  Still no joy.

I have looked online and seen many others with the same problem - I have tried resets and other ideas all to no avail.  Any idea what else I can try?

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Superhub 2 VMDG485 Incorrect Password Again and again...

There is an odd bug/batch with SH2 where this happens. In the cases I have in mind, the only answer was for VM to send out a SH2ac.

There is a huge thread buried in the forums on this topic. The key identifier in this circumstance is that if you use something like inSSIDer to examine the advertised wireless signal you'll see your SH2 as reporting WEP security, which you are unlikely to have configured.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
Alesi1989
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Oh.  How should I go about that then?  Is that a phone call to Virgin?

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The offshore support agents are a hit & miss affair at best but it's the fastest way to get attention.

Best to collect asmuch information as possible along the lines I've suggested. The big thread you should read is at:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Forum-Archive/After-weeks-of-randomly-losing-wifi-connections-I-...

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

try the original factory password. it may have factory reset itself & forgotten whatever you changed that to.

or you can force a factory reset with a PIN I htink, then definitely the suppied password will work. I don't have that exact model but is there an original  password on a sticker on its case

0 Kudos
Alesi1989
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I haven't changed the password so the one on the sticker is the correct one.  This afternoon it let me in again, then it changed its mind again half an hour later...

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

is this thee wifi  password or the hub admin panel one

in either case, changing them to ones you choose should be done and is a good test. if it keeps forgetting that also, you need a replacement hub

0 Kudos