Menu
nin1977
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

SuperHub3 - Huawei P9 won't connect to wifi

Hi everyone,

i have recently joined virgin since moving home in september, and up until last week i have had fantastic internet speed and connectivity. Unfortunately now i can't connect to my wifi network on my Hauwei P9 no matter what i try, i can see the SSID and i can connect but it states that there is no internet access. 

I have tried turning off the 5ghz option as i have heard this could be an issue but it still doesn't connect.

What i have done is set up a guest network which it connects to fine but this is only a temporary fix as this doesn't allow me to connect to other devices.

I have 13 devices connected in total but my android phone is the only one which will not connect to my home network, any help would be greatly appreciated.

nin.

0 Kudos
nin1977
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: SuperHub3 - Huawei P9 won't connect to wifi

my wifes iphone has now also lost connection to our home wifi.

could anyone help by pointing me in the right direction?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HI nin1977,

Apologies for your WiFi issues but I'm positive we can help Smiley Happy
Firstly would you please perform a factory reset of your Hub?

Once that's done please access your Hub's interface pages.

Now go to Wireless > Security and change the Network name (SSID) of both frequencies.

This should allow all devices to connect. But please let me know how you get on, if you need further support I shall see what else I can suggest for you Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
nin1977
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Jen but I have already sorted the problem already. I reset the box via virgin online and so far I have not had the same issue since.
0 Kudos
nin1977
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

ok. its happened again Smiley Frustrated

Ive spent 45mins on the phone trying to sort this out with absolutely no joy. the lady in the end palmed me off to what she called 'technical help' but was in fact another company asking me to pay a monthly sub to help me out. disgusting service from virgin it really is. i cant not wait for this contract to end.

in the mean time is there a solution you could help me with?

0 Kudos