Menu
chrisandrews87
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Super Hub 2 AC DHCP Failed and T4 Time Outs

Internet went down last night and hasn't come back up. The Super Hub is endlessly going around in a loop generating 16 T3 timeouts while moving through the upsteam
channels, it is unable to establish a ToD, generating T4 messages "received response to broadcast maintenance request. But no unicasr maintenance opportunities received -T4 time out", as well as being unable to get a DHCP address "discover sent, no offer received.

It is able to lock the downstream, but this is only on one of the streams, streams 2-8 remain unlocked in the logs.

I have tried to connect to the super Hub Remotely using the maintenance tool on the virgin media website but I just get a message saying that it can't detect if and I should make sure it's switched on. Unsurprising considering it doesn't have an external facing IP.

I seemingly can't upload any screenshots from my mobile (as that's the only thing with internet at the moment) when I have worked that out I will add them to the post.

0 Kudos
chrisandrews87
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Super Hub 2 AC DHCP Failed and T4 Time Outs

You can't seem to past screenshots, so here is some copy and pastes of the logs on the router. Apologies for the formattting...

Any help would be much appreciated.

Network Log
First Time Last Time Priority Error Number Description
Time Not Established Time Not Established Notice (6) 84000510 Downstream Locked Successfully
Time Not Established Time Not Established Critical (3) 68000100 DHCP FAILED - Discover sent, no offer received
Time Not Established Time Not Established Notice (6) 84000510 Downstream Locked Successfully
Time Not Established Time Not Established Critical (3) 68000100 DHCP FAILED - Discover sent, no offer received
Time Not Established Time Not Established Error (4) 68000409 TOD not Established
Time Not Established Time Not Established Critical (3) 82000400 Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance opportunities received - T4 time out
Time Not Established Time Not Established Warning (5) 68000401 ToD request sent - No Response received
Time Not Established Time Not Established Warning (5) 68000401 ToD request sent - No Response received

Downstream
DS-1 DS-2 DS-3 DS-4 DS-5 DS-6 DS-7 DS-8
Frequency (Hz) 290750000 N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A
Lock Status(QAM Lock/FEC Sync/MPEG Lock) Locked Unlocked Unlocked Unlocked Unlocked Unlocked Unlocked Unlocked
Channel ID 20 N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A
Modulation 256QAM Unknown Unknown Unknown Unknown Unknown Unknown Unknown
Symbol Rate (Msym/sec) 6.952000 N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A
Interleave Depth I=12
J=17 N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A
Power Level (dBmV) 3.89 N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A
RxMER (dB) 37.09 N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A
Pre RS Errors 278 N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A
Post RS Errors 278 N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A N/A

General Configuration
Network Access Denied
Maximum Number of CPEs
Baseline Privacy
DOCSIS Mode EuroDOCSIS 3.0
Config File
Primary Downstream Service Flow
SFID
Max Traffic Rate 0 bps
Max Traffic Burst 0 bytes
Min Traffic Rate 0 bps
Primary Upstream Service Flow
SFID
Max Traffic Rate 0 bps
Max Traffic Burst 0 bytes
Min Traffic Rate 0 bps
Max Concatenated Burst 0 bytes
Scheduling Type

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It looks like there is a communication problem between your hub and VM's CMTS preventing your hub registering with VM's CMTS.

You will need to contact VM for resolution, either by waiting here about a week until a VM Forum Team Member picks up the thread, or give them a call on 150 from a VM line or 0345 454 1111 for a quicker response. As you cannot get online I would try giving them a ring to get a quicker response.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi chrisandrews87,

Thanks for posting!

Really sorry to hear you're having trouble with your connection.

I'd like to send a technician to check this out for you. I've sent you a private message (purple envelope at the top right of your screen) so I can arrange an appointment.

Speak soon Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi chrisandrews87,

Thanks for coming back to Josh via private message and letting us know things are resolved now. 

If you have any further issues you know where to find us. Pop a post here and we'll go through diagnostics again Smiley Happy

In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.

Take care. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos