Menu
Pavo84
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Slow again!!

As usual, broadband is extremely slow. I've reset my suprhub, changed from superhub2 to 3, relocated my hub away from other electrical items and it's still an extremely slow connection.
I'm supposed to be getting up to 200mbps but am lucky to hit double digits!!
Is anyone else having the same problems and does anyone have any suggestions?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow again!!

Hi ,

Welcome to the Community!

Really sorry to hear you're experiencing speed issues.

I've located your account and I can see an issue with the network in your area affecting speeds at peak times - Ref.(F003748275). Our technicians are working to get this resolved and have set a review date of 13th December 2017.

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Pavo84
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Josh.

Although why do Virgin insist on selling me broadband speeds that are not likely to be seen, even at off peak times??
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Pavo84,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I understand this is really frustrating. We're working to upgrade the network in your area to accommodate the increased demand for services.

Issues like this affect the network in different ways and the issue is very rarely black and white. We want all of our customers to have the best experience possible which is why we're committed to improving our network.

All the best! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Josh_RW wrote:

Hi Pavo84,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I understand this is really frustrating. We're working to upgrade the network in your area to accommodate the increased demand for services.

Issues like this affect the network in different ways and the issue is very rarely black and white. We want all of our customers to have the best experience possible which is why we're committed to improving our network.

All the best! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Have you ever considered standing for parliament? With answers like that you'd go far!Smiley LOL

Dave.

0 Kudos
Pavo84
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for your reply Josh, but as Dave pointed out, that was a very political answer!!

As there is a known over utilisation problem across the network, surely selling me "up to" 200mbps, when we all know that I will never see those sorts of speeds, or even close; could be construed as false advertising and extremely misleading.

As I am being supplied a very small percentage of what I am paying for, does this mean I get to pay a small percentage of my bill?!
0 Kudos