Menu
JCmacc
Dialled in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Selective website access problems

I have generally problem-free web access from my home Superhub except for a single website which has been "down" for a couple of weeks (Cheshire rfu). It's unavailable on all devices at home, so not a problem with a particular PC, but the web pages in question are available from any other Wi-Fi connection (on the same devices too) except for my home one.

I've rebooted the Virgin Hub a couple of times which hasn't cleared the issue.

Anyone know what about the Hub set up can impact specific IP addresses? Is it likely to be a general Virgin Media issue or will it be local to my set up? Anyone any ideas?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Selective website access problems

Hi JCmacc,

Thanks for posting back on the community.

Sorry to read you are unable to access a certain website on all of your devices.

Do you get an error message when trying to access this website?

Are you able to try this when the Super Hub is in modem mode please? This is just a diagnostic test as it will give you a different IP address and I want to see if you can access the website this way.

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
JCmacc
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

many thanks for the reply.

The error message I get depends on the device but is a generic "This website is unavailable...." or "Hmmmm...we can't reach this page".

As per your suggestion, rebooted in Modem mode and I can access it perfectly, so it's an issue with the Router mode. Given that is the problem, is there a way of fixing things?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Morning JCmacc,

Thanks for getting back to me.

As the website it working in modem mode, it is likely that the website has blacklisted the IP address of when you are in router mode. You can speak to the website host directly to see if they have any further information in regards to this.

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos