Menu
StuPot2302
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Problems with Brother printers dropping network

Recently had the Hub 3 installed, and now having endless problems with 2 Brother printers that just are no longer reliable on the Wireless network.

The printers seem to be connected to the router ( I can see them in the list of connected devices and they have IP addresses assigned.  I can ping them fine).

However, they are not reliable for printing.  At random intervals they just seem to drop (they are there - but no PCs or Macs can find them ... they just get 'looking for printer' ... even though I can see the connections and ping them).

This can happen with or without going into Sleep mode (sometimes happens between two queued prints).  Can happen with dynamic or Static IP addresses.

Getting them working again seems to involve various combinations of uninstalling drivers, resetting printers, chicken entrails being cast on the ground and virgin sacrifice.

The printers are HL-3140CW and MFJ-4620.  Both have the same problem.

Didnt happen with the old router ...

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems with Brother printers dropping network

Hi StuPot2302,

I’m so sorry to hear about your issues with both of your brother printers! I have found that if you change the TCP/IP to static this will stop the printers dropping off.

Please come back to us and let know how you got on with this,

Take care,

Kelly

0 Kudos