Menu
roversierr
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Powerline Adapter Problems

Help please !

Trying to set up Poweline wifi PL1000 / PLW1000 adapters with my superhub and I just cannot get my wps on the hub to connect to the powerline wps.

I have tried doing it manually through http://192.168.0.1 / advanced settings and they just will not connect even though they are both in the same room so it cannot be a problem with the house ring-main/electric circuits.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as my daughter is desperate for a wifi connection in our loft !

Many thanks All

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Adam_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Powerline Adapter Problems

Hi roversierr, 

Thanks for letting us know that you're having problems connecting your power line adaptors to the Hub, I apologise for any inconvenience.

Are you still unable to connect them to the Hub? If so, do you get any error messages when trying to connect them?

I have had a look at your connection from here and I can see that one of your upstream power levels is too high, I would like to arrange for this to be investigated further for you by one of our engineers.

I will send you a PM (Purple envelope at the top) detailing what's required to proceed with making the booking. Please respond to me there and I'll get this sorted for you.

Take care, 

Thanks, 

Adam.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The PL1000 needs to be connected to the hub via an ethernet cable. The PLW1000 is a power line wireless access point and not intended to be used as an extender.

200Mb(SH2 SH2AC Hub 3.0), 2 X V6 TV XL, Phone M. 100Mb Business (Hitron Hub).
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

As Tidus has indicated, the 'master' unit needs to be plugged into a mains socket near your Superhub and connected to the Superhub using an Ethernet cable ... wasn't that cable supplied in the box?  Connection of the master unit cannot be made over Wi-Fi.

Once the master unit is connected, then plug in the 'slave' unit to another mains socket in the same room and make sure they are 'talking' to each other.  Once you are satisfied it's working you can move the slave unit to any other mains socket in the house and it will provide a Wi-Fi signal to connect to.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos