Menu
sutty251
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

New Router?

Just upgraded my package to something with slightly faster broadband, I still have the first hub from years ago (which is temperamental at best) so was wondering if I would be sent out a newer version of the router? 

0 Kudos
sutty251
Tuning in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Router?

Anybody?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi sutty251,

I would have thought a newer Hub would have been offered as part of the upgrade deal. But I may be wrong.

Anyhow I have ordered a more recent Hub model for you. The main difference is that you have the option to use both the 2.4GHz and 4GHz wireless frequencies simultaneously - your current Hub has only the option of either/or.

• The new Hub should arrive within the next few days.
  • The courier, Yodel, will leave contact details should re-delivery arrangements be needed.
  • A text will be sent (to the mobile number we have listed for you) the day prior to delivery advising of an ETA.
  • Full setup and activation instructions will be included.

Keep me updated on how you get on Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
sutty251
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Smiley Happy

I'm hoping it might resolve some speed issues too as I'm getting on average 8Mb/s download speeds on a 100Mb/s package when running checks through an online speed checker. In comparison my grandma's connection came in at around 40Mb/s on a 50Mb/s connection 🤔
0 Kudos
sutty251
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Got the new router, setup fine, thank you for sorting that. BUT the speed is still not brilliant. I did another speed check on http://www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk/ and even the 4G on my phone gets faster speeds. Any reason I'd only be getting 25Mb/s maximum?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi sutty251, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am sorry to see that you have continued to have trouble with your connection. 

I have taken a look and it seems you are affected by fault ref F004975031 for slow speeds at peak times. The current review date is 01/11/2017. 

Please give this thread a bump closer to the time and we will be able to get an update for you. 

Apologies that I do not have more information on this issue at this time. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
sutty251
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've checked speeds at all times of day with no difference. Are you really telling me just to keep an eye on things until that review date??? So I'm basically paying for a speed that isn't achievable? Can someone look properly at this and recompense me appropriately if you can not provide the service I'm paying for?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey there sutty251,

Thanks for getting back to us Smiley Happy

Apologies for the slow speeds you're experiencing caused by the fault in your area, I appreciate this is frustrating.

I'll drop you a PM (purple envelope, top right) regarding the loss of service credit you'll receive during this.

Speak with you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
sutty251
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, replied to the pm on Friday. Looking forward to hearing back from you
0 Kudos