Menu
Thanki
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

New Customer SuperHub 3.0 200 Mbps

New customer from BT to Virgin Media on the 200 Mbps.

However the wireless on the Super Hub 3.0 is so poor we litteraly get no wireless connection as soon as we leave the living room. I've done absolutley everything with the channels has made no difference at all.

I had a really old Netgear router that I have placed right next to it to serve as an Access Point but due to its age I only get about 10 Mbps but that is good enough for work.

I understand that this has been brought up gazzilion amount of times but you shouldnt advertise blazzing fast wireless internet.

Virgin Media the termination hardware is not fit for purpose!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Customer SuperHub 3.0 200 Mbps

I agree the Hub 3 isn't the best but seems to work fine for most, it's a get you going device. If it didn't these forums would be flooded with complaints. And before you say they are, by the very nature of the forums you only see posts from people having problems. If it's working well, people tend not to seek out the forum and say how fantastic everything is.

Wireless is a fickle beast and no ISP will guarantee wireless performance (no matter what the adverts say). Personally, I'd prefer it if they went back to supplying just a modem and leave the customer to sort out their own wireless router.

Dave.

0 Kudos
Thanki
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Customer SuperHub 3.0 200 Mbps

Our BT Homehub has given us 4 years without a single issue, 80 Mbps!  Virgin Media staff told us I would received the latest and best Wireless router, I'm sorry but having done even more research there seems to be a hardware issue that is affecting the performance.

So far 5 people who have Virgin services have all now told me they have had all to buy a wireless router.  

0 Kudos